The Trinity versus ????

Ask the question you always wanted to ask, and were afraid to. There is no dumb question. Be courageous, for here you will find people ready to talk.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: The Trinity versus ????

Postby natman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:48 am

Bare_Truth wrote:christian84
I found your post a bit difficult to understand and you did not cite any scripture or any source for it. Neither can I find any such word as "ipostaziaza" in my readily available dictionaries or encyclopedias. Perhaps you could offer a clearer statement of your point. You seem to be stating some sort of definition of the trinity however the question at hand is why is the trinity doctrine superior to alternate competing explanations of the nature of the Godhead.

Bare_Truth,

I think that the problem is that Christian84 is Romanian and using translation software such as Google to translate from his native tongue. Unfortunately, Google does not have a translation for "ipostaziaza", however, I believe it is related to the word "apostles".
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:02 pm

No - chrck hypostasis = one of the divine persons = sometimes done in Latin as substance.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:40 pm

natman wrote:.......

Bare_Truth,

I think that the problem is... translation software Unfortunately,... does not have a translation for "ipostaziaza", however, I believe it is related to the word "apostles".

I was thinking it might be related to our word Apostatize
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby vycna » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:
webmeister wrote:
Bare_Truth wrote:What then were the competing explanations offered what were they called, and why was the Trinity doctrine considered superior.

I grabbed a couple of verses that begin to speak to trinity. I am sure there are more that assist. This is why the Trinity was considered.

But a modalist could be entirely comfortable with the verses you quoted. The question is not why should the trinity be considered, but why was it considered superior. Why is the trinity considered the best reconciliation of all the scriptures that reflect upon the nature of the Godhead.

There are the scripture passages showing that Jesus, who in other places declared his oneness with the heavenly Father and accepted worship, addresses his Father in heaven as another and subjects himself to his Father instead of doing what was of his own will, and he was also spoken to by the heavenly Father. The Spirit who acts as singular yet a personal entity is linked with Father and Son in passages such as in Matthew 28 where believers are to be baptized into the one name of the three, and is placed in position as God, such as those lying to him lie to God.
vycna
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Unanswered questions about Christianity