Goldilocks & The Three Bares

Members are invited to post their personal poetry and favorite songs, if they have copyright permission. Please start a new thread for each one.<P>Only Permanent and Native Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby Desert Hiker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:52 am

Goldilocks & The Three Bares

A slightly revised fairy tale by Sam Rupe

Once upon a time there were a family of naturists who lived in the woods. They were quite active in naturism, and even had their name legally changed to the "Bares". There were three in this lovely family, there was Papa Bare, Mama Bare, and Baby Bare. And they all lived happily and naturally on their hundred acres in the woods.

One day, right after breakfast, the family decided to take a hike in the woods, just like they have done on many other lovely mornings. In fact, the sun was so brightly shining on this beautiful spring morning that one could hardly imagine not going for a walk, and the family left before even finishing their breakfast. So, without so much as a drop of sunblock on them, they bolted out the door, eager to enjoy the wondrous woods in which they lived--not to mention a choice skinny dipping spot not far away. "Last one in the lake is a rotten egg", shouted Baby Bare, as he ran for the lake at the center of the woods. "Oh, yeah...We'll see about that", retorted Papa Bare in mock defiance. And all of them streaked through the woods, laughing and goading each other on.

No sooner had the Bares left, when a young girl happened along the path. she too had been drawn out of her grandmother's house by the beautiful day, and wanted to explore these peaceful looking woods. Her hair was fair, curly, and was a golden blonde that seem to glow in the morning sun. A fact which was reflected in her name; Goldilocks. And unlike the Bares, Goldilocks was dressed in a light knee length sun dress, but against her Grandmother's advice, had decided to go barefoot. She did so enjoy the feel of the soft dirt, and lush grass under her feet, as she merrily skipped along the path.

As she proceeded happily along the path, she soon came upon the humble, and quaint abode of the Bare family. It was a merry looking little cottage, like something right out of the pages of a fairy tale. Curiosity overwhelmed her, and she decided to investigate. She cautiously approached the cottage, shouting. "Hello!...Is anyone home!" Her curiosity grew, when no one answered her calls. She then noticed that the front door was ajar, and pushed it open cautiously--peeking around it as she did. She then spied the half eaten breakfast on the table, and decided to go on in and see if anything else looked out of place.

She stood in the dining area, eying the unfinished food. She suddenly realized her own hunger, and sensing no danger about the cabin, she decided to help herself. The food tasted wonderful, and soon she had gobbled it all up. Still, she was curious why these people had left in such a hurry, and decided to look about some more. She noticed three lovely chairs arranged by the hearth of the fireplace. She tried each one out. The first one was too big, and fluffy--it nearly swallowed her up. The second one was a bit stiff, but the little chair was just right. However she was a bit much for it, and it broke under her weight. To make matters worse, her dress got torn by one of the shards of wood. "Oh, Grandma will not be pleased with me at all", she muttered aloud.

She got up, dusted herself off, and ventured out the back door. She then discovered a wooden deck, with a hot tub spa bubbling away. "Wow!" she said excitedly, "I've always wanted to try out one of these things." "Oh, but I don't have a swim suit with me", she sighed. Just then, she had an idea. She looked around in all directions, and confirmed that she was truly alone. She then mustered up her courage, and took her dress off, then she slid out of her undergarments, and shuddered with a chill of excitement as she stood naked in the morning air. She marveled at how wonderful the air felt on her skin, and how the warm caress of the sun made her feel so alive. She stood there a while soaking in the morning, and finally decided to get in the hot tub.

The bubbles tickled her feet, and the warm water caressed her skin as she slowly slid down into the tub. "Ahhh....This feels so good", she whispered, as she reclined into the molded seat. The jets swirled the water, and massaged her body, and soon she nodded off to sleep.

Meanwhile, the Bares had arrived back from their morning jaunt in the woods, and skinny dipping in the lake. "Junior, how many times must we tell you to be sure and shut the door", Mama Bare scolded, "We certainly don't want the raccoons, or squirrels coming in the house", she continued. "Looks like they have", said Papa Bare, pointing to the empty plates. "Well a squirrel sure didn't do that!", said Baby Bare, pointing to his broken chair. "Hmm, it would seem we have a visitor" Papa Bare mused, holding up the scrap of cloth that used to be part of Goldilocks's dress. Then, noticing the back door was ajar, Mama Bare motioned to the others. Papa Bare then crept over to the door, and peered outside. A gentle smile crept over his face as he spotted the nude young girl, snoozing in their spa. Still smiling, he motioned to the others to follow him outside.

Goldilocks awoke gently, to the sound of sweet voices calling to her calmly. Still not fully awake, she smiled at the tanned, gentle faces she saw, and stretched her arms over her head, and yawned widely. "How do you do, miss?" Papa Bare uttered gently. "Just lovely", she replied with another yawn. Then, she suddenly realized that she was talking to a stranger, and a naked one too! "EEEEEk!" she shrieked, startling the Bares. "yo-yu-you-re n-naked!" she sputtered, nervously, as she splashed about in the tub, trying to move away from them. "Well, so are you!", retorted Baby Bare smartly. Embarrassment flooded over her, as she realized the truth in the young naked boy's words. She turned every shade of red, and could only manage to utter a nervous little laugh, as she shyly folded her arms over her bare chest. A wry smile came over the face of Papa Bare. "That's quite alright miss", he said re assuredly, "We are not bothered by nudity here." Goldilocks then looked around, and for the first time noticed all three of them were standing there--naked, and without a care in the world about it. Her mouth fell open agape, as she surveyed them. She felt hopelessly awkward, and could not utter a word. The three Bare's just stood there, letting her soak it all in.

Mama Bare broke the silence, and asked, "would you like me to mend up your dress?" "Huh?", sputtered Goldilocks, "Oh! Uh, yes that would be nice!" Mama Bare then gathered up her dress, and went inside. "Was that you that broke my chair?" Baby Bare inquired gruffly. "Oh, yes...I am afraid I did," she replied sheepishly, "Sorry!" "That's OK," replied Papa Bare, "he was getting too big for that chair anyway." "It was high time he get a big boy chair", he continued, looking at his son. Baby Bare looked back at his dad, with a bit of pride in his eyes. "Can we get in the spa now?" he asked impatiently. Papa Bare looked at the young lady again, and asked,"Would you mind terribly if we joined you?" Feeling much more at ease now, she surprised herself by quickly replying' "Sure, come on in!". She scooted to the other side, as the young boy jumped in, causing a splash. "Settle down, now" cautioned Papa Bare, as he eased in to the hot, swirling water.

As the three of them relaxed in the tub, they conversed about the Bare family's life out here in the woods, and how they enjoyed a carefree life without clothes. Goldilocks was amazed that they could live like this, and yet she found it all very appealing. Soon Mama Bare emerged from the house with her dress, completely restored. And much to her surprise, Goldilocks's Grandma was with her. Goldilocks tried to duck under the water, at first, then said, "hi Grandma", rather nervously. "Hi Goldy", she replied, "I wondered where you went, but I am glad you are OK, and met these nice folks". "You aren't angry with me?", Goldilocks asked sheepishly. "About what?", she retorted, and laughed. "I have been coming up here for years", she continued, as she disrobed and proceeded to get into the spa with them.

They spent the rest of the day relaxing on the deck, and later Goldilocks and Baby Bare ran through the woods playing tag, and other fun games. In fact, the rest of the time Goldilocks spent at her Grandma's house was spent mostly nude, and playing with the young Bare in the woods. And they all lived happily ever after.
Last edited by Desert Hiker on Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby bn2bnude » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:07 am

Well Done!

This reminded me of a series (2 or 3) call "Politically Correct Fairy Tales" where the author took fairy tales such as "The 3 Bares", "Robin Hood", etc. De-gendered (neutered?) them and published the books....

Wonder if we could do that with "Naked Fairy Tales"?
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:40 pm

Sam, this is ABSOLUTLY GREAT!!!!

The only thing that would be better would be to have it illustrated and published.

I recommend that you send this to Figleaf Forum so that many others can enjoy it as well. I also recommend adding the sub-title "The Four Bares"
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:34 pm

I am impressed! :D Did you do this in one night, or one sitting? I thought of rising to Natman's challenge, but you "stripped" my chance away. :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Desert Hiker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:39 pm

:oops: ahh, thanks guys! I appreciate the compliments.

And yes John, I did write this in one sitting. It took about 2-3 hours--I am not the swiftest typist.

The story was not hard for me to do, really. After all, the premise, the main characters, and plot were pretty much already there--I just had to update the story a bit, provide the dialog, and tell the tale in a quasi-story book style, reminiscent of the original fairy tale. In a real sense, this is a story that pretty much wrote itself.

I have always been a fair writer of stories--at least I am told that, but have never been officially published. I would not mind you submitting it to fig Leaf, if you wanted.

I also like Bn2bnude's idea of a series of fairy tales--"Naked Fairy Tales" 8)

Perhaps, the rest of us aspiring authors could submit a story under that premise. Anyone know any good illustrators?

what other Fairy Tales would be fair game for such an exercise of literary liberty?
Peace In Christ, Sam

Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby bn2bnude » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:59 am

Desert Hiker wrote:I also like Bn2bnude's idea of a series of fairy tales--"Naked Fairy Tales" 8)

Perhaps, the rest of us aspiring authors could submit a story under that premise. Anyone know any good illustrators?

what other Fairy Tales would be fair game for such an exercise of literary liberty?

If we could come up with a list, contributors here could pick up the ones they wanted.

A couple I thought of....

Little Red Riding Hood
The Emporors new suit (an obvious choice)
The boy who cried wolf (Maybe in the case of SteveNTL the town who cried wolf?)

I am having a problem remembering all the fairy tales that could be used.
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 am

Well, I've always liked Cinderella...:D

]Councillor's note: I moved the fairy tale and resulting posts here. We were getting a bit beyond merely rehashed jokes. 8) ]
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:39 am

jochanaan wrote:Well, I've always liked Cinderella...:D

]Councillor's note: I moved the fairy tale and resulting posts here. We were getting a bit beyond merely rehashed jokes. 8) ]

There you go. How about Snow White and the Seven Nudists. I enjoyed the story, but one thing puzzles me. If Grandma had been coming there for years, why was she so concerned about her granddaughter going barefoot, and why didn't she introduce her to social nudity?
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:24 pm

All of thos suggestions reminds me of Jay Ward's productions of "Fractured Fairy Tales"

SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby firefighter » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:48 pm

Well Natman that brings back memorys
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:50 pm

Jon-Marc wrote: I enjoyed the story, but one thing puzzles me. If Grandma had been coming there for years, why was she so concerned about her granddaughter going barefoot, and why didn't she introduce her to social nudity?

well, that was just a little detail to set you up for the surprise at the end. Besides, not all naturists are barefooters. And sometimes are we surprised to learn that someone we thought we knew would not approve of social nudity, has secretly been doing just that. As to why grandma did not introduce social nudity to Goldilocks before--probably out of respect for her children to raise their child as they saw fit--families often withhold this kind of information from each other, out of fear of negative repercussions.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby natman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:53 pm

Personally I think Sam missed his calling.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Desert Hiker » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:11 pm

natman wrote:All of thos suggestions reminds me of Jay Ward's productions of "Fractured Fairy Tales"

I had the same thought. 8)

As for me missing my calling, perhaps not--many authors and writers these days are not primarily employed as a writer. In fact, this can work to the advantage of the writer, as often the commercial, political, and personal interests of those who employ writers stifle the creativity of the writers. Like an artist who is employed as a graphic artist, or detailer--they don't get to "play around" as much, and are strictly guided as to what to produce.

I like the suggestions offered so far--I had thought of a few of those myself. I had not previously considered Snow White though--but that could work. Snow White could be shown to be "snow white" because of her extreme lack of exposure to the sunshine, and the evil witch could represent oppressive vanity, and clothes compulsion. And of course the happy, nature loving Dwarfs would be the naturists who rescue Snow White from the evil textile witch's spell. But, what of the Prince? He is not the perfect fit, with his all too perfect good looks--perhaps he could be "dressed down" a bit, and his true charm being his Gentle nature, purity of purpose, and freedom from shame....But, don't let me have all of the fun here, jump in anytime, and run with it.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:31 pm

If it hasn't already been done, I'm thinking about writing a naturist story using Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs--only I'd change Dwarfs to Nudists. They'd still be dwarfs, but they'd just be little nudists. :lol:
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:22 am

Can't wait to read it! I am sure we all will enjoy it too. Let us know how it is coming along, until then.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Desert Hiker
Councillor

Next

Return to Worship in Song and Poetry