GOD Seems 2 being slowing a few things down 4 us

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

GOD Seems 2 being slowing a few things down 4 us

Postby Crafty Mom » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:28 pm

What ever is going on I'm thankful for it.

Sometimes it seems like any relief from our current financial woes is going at a snail's pace. Aka.: Getting caught up on the bills & paying off some old ones all at once or over time.

So far our vehicle loan company seems to be willing to help by deferring the 2 payments we're behind on to the end of the loan. So instead of paying off our Dodge Ram truck in Oct. of 2011 it'll be Dec. 2011. Merry Christmas & PTL! Just wish the mortgage company would do the same for us, it would sure help!

I've also noticed recently that it seems like it takes longer for purchases made for food & other supplies to clear the bank. It seemed like I'd buy groceries on a Tuesday & by Wednesday the bank already subtracted it from my account. Lately, it seems like it sometimes takes until Thursday or later. PTL!

Another example: one of our renters is presently attempting to finnish moving the rest of her family out here from Tennessee but has had several delays. We don't care-she still sends us her rent in a timely manner.

Any extra income from me has been delayed, because I've taken the summer off to spend with our girls. Sometime after school starts again & both girls attend full-time I can then search for a part-time job.

Any improvement in Desert Hiker's work situation seems to be slowly in the works. Aka.: drive the truck with another person & get paid more. Or even go so far as to attempt to buy his own truck & drive for the same company [for a short while] as an owner - operator, thus getting paid more.

I know there's plenty of reasons for all the delays & we can speculate why. But it all comes down to this: it's all GOD's timing!
Last edited by Crafty Mom on Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Coordinator of Women's & Teen's Forums
Crafty Mom
Women's and Teens' Coordinator

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Well, God has all the time in the world, while we tend to feel as if we have none. :? But praise the LORD that you're hanging in there.

P.S. At this rate, you'll finish paying for the Dodge Ram just about when it bites the dust. :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nudjohn » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:54 pm

God's ordinance of giving and receiving have always held true. I have even heard non-believers state they give to charities and others in need and have seen greater supply for it. God is not lack concerning his promises. Give, and it shall be given unto you. Pressed down, shaken together, and running over shall men give unto thy bussom.

So, continue as you have in past times where when you see a brother in need and you have the means to help, do so. But these means are not always giving monies... Give a man a fish.. Teach a man to fish... Remember ALL Things work together for good for them that Love the LORD...

Remain faithful in the little things. Then God will trust you with bigger things. To him who has been given much, much is expected.

Love ya.
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby Crafty Mom » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:15 pm

Thanks guys for the encouraging words & reminders.

You're right about being faithful in the little things & helping a brother in need as I can. Money isn't always the answer. My time, doing errands for or with those in need of transportation count too.

Last Sunday I knew I had only a small amount of coins in my wallet to put into the collection, but I was going to give it anyways. In reality all I literally had was 2 cents. I tried to get our daughters' attention so they could put it in the collection basket, but the basket came by before I was successful. Needless to say I was a bit embarrassed :oops:

Immediately the story of the widow & her 2 coins came to mind. All I could do was sigh, feel a little guilty, reprimand myself a bit that I'm not a widow, & hope that GOD understood & could forgive me.

Well, ever since then I've noticed some good things happening......
*** The gas gage in our vehicle seems to be slower than usual heading towards empty, despite the numerous errands done in the past few days.

*** The friends - the girls & I have been helping had a surplus of food stamps this month. So they've been helping us with a few groceries instead of cash for gas.

*** Tonight is the Food Ministry at our church & we're thinking about going to it. Not wanting to be greedy about receiving but mainly because this is one source where we're able to get extra groceries for Sam. This way he can save $$$ while he's on the road.

*** Just found out that Sam already has a load of stuff to take to Georgia by I believe sometime on Monday from Texas. So it looks like he'll be home by Aug. 18th.
This means we'll be able to make our Aug. vehicle payment on time! And get a head start on his paycheck on Aug. 28th. :jump:
Last edited by Crafty Mom on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Crafty Mom

Postby nudjohn » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:50 pm

There is no need to be embaressed. We all at some time don't have what we wish we could give. Will he be coming through Louisiana on I-20 or I-10? If I-10, I would like to meet with him in person.

Are the girls ready for school? I'm sure you are ready for a little break. ;-)

I was contacted today by a contact with a station I do some work on the side. They have another radio station being built close to N.O. It is about an hour and a half from me. It is two and a half hours from the next engineer they have listed. I may agree to accept it when I can. May cost more upfront, but then the pay will make it better. Unbudgeted income will mean more I can help some one else later.
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby Crafty Mom » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:11 pm

Whoops! Wrote too soon, he's headed back to Arizona. And then probably home. His 3 weeks out are just about up & he's due for his 3 days off.
That's even better, because from Houston, TX to GA it's about 800 miles. And Houston to AZ it's approx. 1,000 miles. Since he gets paid by the mile - well, you do the math!
:wink:

The next time we know for sure he's headed towards the East coast I'll post it & you can PM me for his cell phone number. In fact on this trip he met up with Natman. So I bet y'all be seeing his "trip report" on that visit.

As far as the girls being ready for school-well not really. It's still pool weather here in the desert....
Oh sure they're curious enough to find out who their teachers will be & where their classrooms are, but that's about it for now.
Sometime after the girls start school again [within a week or 2] unless the Good Lord has something else in mind I'll be available for part time work during school hours. I've gone thru all the training & background checks, etc. for a possible job as a Home Care Giver [aka: In Home Support Services or I.H.S.S.]. But I took the summer off due to lack of adequate adult supervision & I wanted to spend as much needed quality time with our girls as possible.

PTL about your good news for extra $$$.
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Crafty Mom

Postby nudjohn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:21 pm

TX to GA it's about 800 miles. And Houston to AZ it's approx. 1,000 miles. Since he gets paid by the mile - well, you do the math!

well from CA to TX then pay begins.... cst of fuel to get there, may not pay for the trip after all expenses are tallied. Not to mention the few extra miles of pay.
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby Crafty Mom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:23 pm

Cost of fuel, maintenance, repairs, etc. is paid by the company he works for. If & when he buys his own truck that's when we get to worry about those things.
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Crafty Mom

Postby natman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:38 pm

If you take all that into consideration, plus the cost of the truck, lodging etc, is it to his advantage to own one yourself?

I was waiting for Sam to write up about our meeting, but I'll just go ahead and post here.

He called the Thursday evening around 10:30PM and said he was in Fort Worth, up near Dallas, and that he was stuck there until they repaired the brake system on the trailer he was scheduled to pull. As it turned out, he wasn't able to leave Fort Worth until around 3:00AM, which would have put him in Houston around 7:00 or 8:00AM. I called him on my way into work and he said he had just arrived at the yard in Houston and that he would be freed up around 12:00. I told him that I would come and meet him for lunch or coffee whenever he was finished processing his load.

Unfortunately, the trucking yard that he was at was completely on the other side of Houston from where I work, however, since I rarely take a lunch out of the office, I signed out for a couple of hours, expecting that I would be able to get there, have lunch and then get back to work to finish the project I have been working on. There was no way I was going to miss out on an opportunity to meet Sam face to face, since we have chatted in these forums for several years now.

Originally we just planned to keep it simple by having lunch at the McDonalds located at the truck stop he had parked his truck at. But it was closed. Instead, we jumped in my car and went to a nearby Luby's, which is Texas' favorite buffet restaurant. We sat and chatted about moderating and adminstrating this site and ways to make it work smoother, about the trucking business and the compter and networking business.

Unfortunately the time flew by way too fast and I had to head back to the office. There was an accident on the freeway just about a mile up the road from where we met. That's when I remembered I hadn't prayed with and for Sam for God to watch over him on the rest of his trip, so I did right then and there.

I ended up being about 45 minutes later than I had planned. When I walked in the office, everyone was frantic because one of our remote users was having difficulty downloading a much-needed huge file from our VPN server, so I had to quickly cut a CD before we missed the deadline for pick-up and get it sent out for next day delivery.

I think Sam really wanted to come over to the house, and that would probably be fine except that it was a Friday, one of our busiest days of the week in which we run the kids around to various functions. Saturdays are usually not much better.

As it turned out, we had taken our daughter to the local mall where she was supposed to buy some school clothes then come home with a friends mom. However, the friends mom forgot that she was supposed to pick them up and while they were standing around outside waiting because the mall had closed, three thugs came up to them and several of their friends, punched our daughter in the shoulder, knocking her to the ground, and stole her purse with a $300 camera inside. They took the camera and threw the purse and everything else on the ground about 100 yards away. Fortunately she had put her money in her pocket and not in her purse. They also took the wallets of a couple of the boys that were there, saying they had guns. We went up to the mall to pick her up and were answering questions and filling out papers until about 1:30AM.

The police nabbed one of the boys and were able to ascertain that they were all members of a highschool track team that is a rival to our local highschool. When our middle son heard about it, he became irate and said he wanted to go beat them up. We spent until around 2:30AM talking to him about what the proper Christian response would be, and when he finally calmed down, we all finally went to bed.

Things could have been MUCH worse, but all the thugs got was a used camera and a couple of bucks from the other kids.

Perhaps the next time Sam is in the area, he could arrange to stay at one of the truck stops that are closer to where we live on something other than a Friday night, and we can spend some quality time together without being so rushed.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:19 pm

Still sounds like you had a great time together, Natman! I'm fortunate; the Swift truck yard in Denver is only a couple of miles from my place. :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nudjohn » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Father, Vengence is yours, you will repay. We give this matter over to you.

All Things work together for Good....

Glad ya got to meet up.
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:53 am

Yes we did have a pleasant lunch!! I called him the next day, as I was still in Houston, and learned of the unfortunate rest of the day--Once again I apologize for being a party to any distress, or inconvenience I may have caused you as a result of our impromptu luncheon.

I also appreciate your prayers Nathan--I did have a pleasant ride west. I did have a drive tire suffer a side wall blow out--which is a silent way for a tire to fail, but noticed the piece of rubber flailing in my mirror. I stopped at a farm road access an hour east of El Paso, along I-10, and called for road service to come out and rescue me. All the while I was on hold, I wandered off the farm road, and discovered a network of trails in the surrounding desert wilderness. Once the phone call was over, and the road service people were in route, I was free to enjoy this area, and have some peaceful time alone, and soaking in some sun. It was well off the freeway, so I was not in danger of being spotted, so I was living up to my name sake--naturally. shortly after I returned to my truck, the road service arrived and quickly changed out my tire with the spare, and I was back on the road in about an hour--God must have thought I needed a break...I am not complaining.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby natman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:56 am

Desert Hiker wrote:I apologize for being a party to any distress...

That's just part of the job. I usually say "That's why I get the 'BIG BUCKS'!!!". Everything worked out fine. I would not have missed the opportunity to meet with you, even if it were only for a cup of coffee.

God must have thought I needed a break...I am not complaining.

Praise Him in everything... even flat tires.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nudjohn » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:33 pm

AMEN! :D
nudjohn
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise