Worship Through Church Attendance Poll

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How often do you attend church?

I attend my church about every time the doors are open.
30%
I attend church at least once weekly and sometimes more, barring vacations, illness, and similar situations.
60%
I attend church about twice monthly on average.
5%
I attend church about once monthly on average.
3%
I usually attend church only on special occasions like Christmas, Easter, baptisms, etc.
3%
I rarely or never attend church, but I know I ought to.
No votes
I rarely or never attend church, and I do not feel I ought to.
No votes

Total votes : 40

Worship Through Church Attendance Poll

Postby Jim1000 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:20 am

I'm interested to better gauge just how involved CNV members are in their local congregations. So, please take this church worship poll which should help us get to know each other better. Thanks!
Jim
Jim1000
Native Resident

Postby Alfie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:55 am

Have always been very involved with my local church. Attend regularly, have been involved over the years as a Church Secretary, Deacon, Properties oversight, Leading in communion services, etc.
Raised three children who all are involved in their local churches, from music ministries to leading bible study groups. Two of them have done full time study in Christian ministry. Have all married Christians who involve themselves in ministry roles as well, all to the best of their abilities.
Don't relate this to bring praise to me but to show that a Naturist can be a committed, ministering Christian who raised fine children.
Don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind
Alfie
Native Resident

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:39 am

I regularly attend. But I have been wavering, as I have finally realised and have become disappointed that people do not come up to me often in the fellowship room after the service. Indeed, others will approach me, or I might approach them, but it never is too long that someone else will come along and dominate the other person's conversation, or the one I am talking to will see someone else and say "Oh, I have to talk to so and so." Sure, I am not much on being social, but I do try. It hurts sometimes when people do that. My pastor once found it more important to throw something away than to continue our conversation. If only others would see me the way my beloved friend does. She sees me for who I am: A kind, loving, caring person. Who at times can seem distant, maybe, indifferent.
Maybe, Greg.
Live life in love, for to love is to live!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:56 am

I'm there for every service and sing solos and sing in the choir. I believe in giving my all to whatever I enjoy, whether it's being nude or worshiping my blessed Lord. The wonderful thing is that the two are very compatible. I would love to combine my two favorite things, nudity and worship, and worship in a nudist church. If I had my own nudist resort, we would have a chapel in which to worship. It would be non-denominational but would definitely preach and teach Jesus Christ crucified, buried, risen and coming again. I would name the resort Bare Haven, and the chapel would be called Bare Haven Community Chapel. All I need is to win the lottery. :lol: Unfortunately, God said not to seek riches--so that is out of the question. Anyway, I had an old man (back before I became one) tell me once, "I can tell you're still young. You can still dream." Well, I must still be young since I still dream, although I'll be 62 in just over 3 months.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:15 pm

I'm "between churches" at the moment. But my situation is very unusual. I am a Sabbathkeeper: I set aside the seventh day of the week, Saturday, as my day of rest and worship. Unfortunately there are no Sabbathkeeping churches near me, and without a car I find it very unrestful to get up early and catch several buses to the church I formerly attended regularly, some 30-35 miles away. And although I willingly visit Sunday churches on occasion, my conviction about the Sabbath is longstanding and firmly fixed.

I'm seriously considering starting a house church.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:13 pm

jochanan,
My favorite evangelist, Perry Stone, has a teaching about the Sabbath. In his interpretation, he says that man can choose what day to set aside as their own Sabbath. I believe that teaching is on cassette in my collection, so I can't listen to it anymore, I no longer have a stereo that has a tape player. From this teaching, it made a lot of sense to me what he said. By the way, I go to Sunday services. Although I never understood why the day was changed because that was the day that Jesus rose from the dead.
Maybe, Greg.
Live life in love, for to love is to live!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby beaker » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:44 pm

I had to change my denomination when I moved over to Canada from Britain 5 years ago where I was raised as a Presbyterian. Most churches over here only have the one morning service on a Sunday no evening one. As I work every weekend sometimes during the morning, if I had stayed in the monoserviced church I would not have been able to atttend church very regularly. Fortunately I found that one of the smaller Baptist churches have both morning and evening services and although it is still a growing church both are very well attended. This now means that if I happen to be working on a Sunday morning I can at least go to my church in the evening.
beaker
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Greg, I don't want to hijack this strip, but I've posted elsewhere about my Sabbath beliefs. You can sort of justify a no-Sabbath position from Scripture, but there is no justification for the change of Sabbath rest and worship to Sunday. So as long as we can choose, I choose the day the LORD originally chose. :)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby JWD » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:08 pm

I'm inbetween churches right now since I moved. When I was married, I wanted to get more involved in church, in whatever capacity God chose. My wife at the time frowned on the idea and made it hard for me to do so. So I backed off to where I was doing very little. Now that I'm single again, I can be more available for use by God in the body of Christ.
Nudist- One who suffers from clothestrophobia.
(Left-Handed Dictionary)
JWD
Native Resident

Postby Strandloper » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:58 am

Hi, Jochanaan –
your position on the Sabbath being Saturday is one that I respect.
Not sure where you’re going with “You can sort of justify a no-Sabbath position from Scripture . . .”
What cannot be justified in the light of Scripture is the avoidance of Sabbath rest.
It is the modern drive to work, work, work, and to force people to work on religious holidays, that drives so many in our society in the direction of burnout and depression.
For our own sakes, as well as to honour God, we need to stand firm in our demands for a regular day off each week and the religious holidays that are important to us.
I have no objection to Muslims taking Friday off, as long as Christians are free to attend worship on Sunday (or, in your case, Saturday) – without pressure to complete assignments over weekends.
Pressure of this nature is insidious, and also undermines family life.
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:54 am

Strandloper wrote:. . . Not sure where you’re going with “You can sort of justify a no-Sabbath position from Scripture . . .”

I was merely saying that such justification was possible if you twist some of the things Paul said about observing times, days and years. But I fully agree that Sabbath rest is essential for physical, mental, and spiritual health. Obviously. :) And as long as we're choosing one day in seven... 8)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:16 pm

Soapbox Preacher wrote:jochanan,
My favorite evangelist, Perry Stone, has a teaching about the Sabbath. In his interpretation, he says that man can choose what day to set aside as their own Sabbath. I believe that teaching is on cassette in my collection, so I can't listen to it anymore, I no longer have a stereo that has a tape player. From this teaching, it made a lot of sense to me what he said. By the way, I go to Sunday services. Although I never understood why the day was changed because that was the day that Jesus rose from the dead.
Maybe, Greg.

That is something I have said for years. I don't believe God had any one particular day of the week in mind when He said to work 6 days and keep the 7th holy. Some people take that "seventh day" literally to mean Saturday, but I don't take it to mean any particular day. ANY day of the week should suffice as long as we have one day to devote to Christian fellowship and worship of the Creator. I would love to have a regular home Bible study and worship time with other nudists where clothes are not necessary and even discouraged. How much better would worship be when we don't concern ourselves with what we're wearing?
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:54 pm

JWD wrote:I'm inbetween churches right now since I moved. When I was married, I wanted to get more involved in church, in whatever capacity God chose. My wife at the time frowned on the idea and made it hard for me to do so. So I backed off to where I was doing very little. Now that I'm single again, I can be more available for use by God in the body of Christ.

Although, like God, I detest divorce, in this case, that sounds like a blessing. Unfortunately, I went through the same senario with my ex-wife. She did everything in her power to make sure that I spent the minimum amount of time in church or active in church ministries. Unfortunately (or fortunately as it turned out) she divorced me. However, since then, I met and married a woman who loves the Lord every bit as much as I do. She even feels like we are not involved ENOUGH.

What a wonderful blessing!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Larryk1052 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:54 pm

I attend church twice on Sunday regularily. I work in the media ministry. I used to teach Sunday school and some lay preaching, but now that I attend a large church I feel there are more talented and gifted available to do the job.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Worship through Church attandance poll

Postby hikingman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:57 am

I received Jesus as my savior in 1969, since then I've very rarely missed Church I'm there when the doors open, I've served as deacon ,trustee ,sunday school teacher for children , worked as councilor for children summer church camp, sang in the choir and been very active in other functions of the church .
,I believed all my Christian life that for me and My house we will serve the Lord ,I presently sing tenor in our church choir and attend every sunday morning and evening, I've become a little lazy lately not attending mid week services. I'm presently going through a divorce ,I know its not God's will but my wife left me two years ago ,I live alone now, I have a passion for nude hiking and I think trying social nudity for the first time ,two years ago has helped me have an even closer walk with God , I'm new to this site and glad to be with others who love the Lord .Ron
hikingman
Permanent Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Praise