Worship Through Church Attendance Poll

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

How often do you attend church?

I attend my church about every time the doors are open.
30%
I attend church at least once weekly and sometimes more, barring vacations, illness, and similar situations.
60%
I attend church about twice monthly on average.
5%
I attend church about once monthly on average.
3%
I usually attend church only on special occasions like Christmas, Easter, baptisms, etc.
3%
I rarely or never attend church, but I know I ought to.
No votes
I rarely or never attend church, and I do not feel I ought to.
No votes

Total votes : 40

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:35 am

I should have said that I am there for every service when my health will allow it. I just realized yesterday that I have more medical bills I'm paying on than I have money to pay them.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:02 am

I attend church as often as I can right now--which is often difficult on the road with an 18 wheeler to park legally somewhere nearby. There are services in truck stops, and will attend those occasionally when I am able. I only wish I could do so more regularly. I am blessed to be able to listen to my Pastor's sermons on CD in my truck, and worship in my truck.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby bn2bnude » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:34 am

Using virtual services I attend church in several places as well as physically attending and being involoved my local church. I download 4 different churches sermons as well as 2 different music worship downloads. The musical worship portions are "rock"/contemporary and are legally (they went through the process of getting all the licenses in place) available as podcasts here.

Several of the churches I listen to or have listened to are now recognizing their internet "parishioners" as legitimate attenders of their churches and are working around the issues of trying to get their internet campus' together in small groups. LifeChurch.tv even holds church in SecondLife.
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:18 pm

As a techno-geek, I like idea of an internet church service for those that are unable to physically attend a church or for those who like to listen or re-listen to sermons from preachers in distant locations. However, this should never be intended to replace the real physical fellowship encountered and needed in a local church.

Nothing compares to the face-to-face fellowship and accountability of local brothers and sisters in Christ, particularly when there is a physical, emotional or spiritual need to be met.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby bn2bnude » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:36 pm

natman wrote:Nothing compares to the face-to-face fellowship and accountability of local brothers and sisters in Christ, particularly when there is a physical, emotional or spiritual need to be met.

Agreed! Even when your closest friends are polar opposites on some issues of doctrine.
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby ozguy66 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:58 am

Hey Larryk1052,

I am involved in the Media and Audio ministry at my church as well. I am rostered on almost every service (4 a day) but I love serving in the area (it has also been my profession for 20 years). I have been involved as a volunteer with this fellowship for about 15years and it really is my home, my big family, my place to serve the Lord (as is my "weekly" job), my kids have recently found there personal faith through the youth ministry and are leading their friends to Christ. It is a blessing to be so involved in a Church that sees the purpose of evangelism, discipleship, serving the community and poor, mentoring, training, overseas and local mission all empowered by worship, prayer and indepth Biblical teaching.

My Church is a 7 day a week place (not a building, but a community of believers) for all ministry, not just a "Sunday" building and I love it.
ozguy66
Permanent Resident

Postby baldguyseattle » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:05 pm

I am very involved in my church! I am a worship team member as a vocalist and occasionally do solos. For a small church we have a pretty rockin' worship band.

I am also involved in set up and tear down as we meet in a elementary school.

I also help out in media ministries and lead a small group. So I am very busy in my church and blessed by it!
baldguyseattle
Permanent Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Praise