Still making progress.

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Still making progress.

Postby jjsledge » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:30 am

Just a short update about my daughter. On June 4th my daughter was able to put her hair in a pony tail by herself for the first time since the wreck (Sept 26, 2005). She was so excited. She also now has a part time job at Hobby Lobby, one day a week 6 hours a day. She didn't need the income but she wanted to get out of the house. Her annuity and Social Security Disability Income give her enough to live on, and her two boys are now receiving Social Security Income and they (all 3) will become eligible for Medicaid in Sept. this year.

Her problems are not necessarily physical, the problem is the brain damage. The lack of proper neural input to the left side of her body has given her some range of motion problems. Progress is slow but is still happening. Praise God! And of course she still has some memory problems but, she is adapting. She puts reminders on her cell phone so she won't forget important dates and times.

Jerry

P.S. Just a reminder and for those who have not read my original post. She was hit by a dump truck and was in a coma for 19 days, ICU for 5 weeks, and 22 weeks of various rehabs. Total bills exceeded $500,000.
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:27 am

That is wonderful to hear. I am sure for many of you it is a huge answer to prayer!

Praise God!
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:10 am

Thank you for the update. We will continue to pray for her and for those that are supporting her.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Alfie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:02 pm

Praise God for the progress that has been made. We pray for even more recovery dear Lord.
Don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind
Alfie
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise