Praising God and sharing an update

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Praising God and sharing an update

Postby stillseeking » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:27 pm

I know it has been quite some time since you heard from either nudjohn or me. So, I thought I'd share an update.

First, John still has not closed on the purchase of the house in Mississippi. But a month or so ago, he received an addendum, allowing possession of the home. So my children and I came over at that time. We helped John finish clearing our his mobile home. He closed on the sale of that place in November.

So, it turned out we could not get married in Louisiana. He no longer had a physical address there. So then we began the process of applying for the marriage license here in Mississippi, which required blood tests. John does not do needles!!! So this was quite the ordeal for him! ;) We finally got that all taken care of, and got the marriage license. Next we needed to get the minister lined up. I had hoped for last weekend....but that didn't work for the minister.

Well, I am pleased to say, that last night the ceremony finally took place!! :D

It looks like closing on the house won't take place until the first week of January....

I think the lesson God has been teaching me this year is: flexibility!!! ;)

Just thought you all would like to know!!
~Wendy~
stillseeking
Native Resident

Re: Praising God and sharing an update

Postby bn2bnude » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:56 pm

stillseeking wrote:Well, I am pleased to say, that last night the ceremony finally took place!! :D

Congratulations John and Wendy!
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:12 am

Thanks very much for the update, Wendy (and John too :) ). And congratulations! I'm so happy for all of you. :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby SteveNTL » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:19 am

Congrats from me too!!!

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:19 am

Thanks. I was wondering how you two were doing.

Congratulations are in orders. Can you tell us anything about the ceremony?

How are the kids doing and handling all of this "flexibility"? :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Worship in Praise

Postby jimmy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:15 pm

Congratulations John and Wendy and God bless future together!!

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:57 pm

Here is another congratulations, Wendy and John!
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Hymie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:18 am

My first thoughts as I opened the site this morning was, "If I don't see a post from either Windy or John, I'm going to post a request for an update from them."

I am so happy to see this thread and be able to post another "Congratulations!!" instead!
Hymie
Native Resident

Postby stillseeking » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:36 am

natman wrote:Can you tell us anything about the ceremony?

How are the kids doing and handling all of this "flexibility"? :D

It was a very sweet, simple ceremony here at our home, with John's minister officiating, and in the presence of only our kids, God, and the angels! ;) I am trying to get something more thorough written up, and posted on my blog: http://hundredacrewoodreporter.blogspot.com/. Hopefully by the end of today, something will be there.

As for the kids.....well, the 6 yo is perfectly fine with it all!!! My newly-nine year old..........some days he is great about it all, some days, NOT; John's daughter (who is 10) seems to have similar feelings as the 9 yo. My 15 yo daughter is excited to have a sister (so far anyway), and is even okay with a new dad....for the most part. The 17 yo....well, who really knows??? He seems to like and respect John for the most part, though...seems to get along with him better than he did with my second husband. But it may be hard for the 17 yo to give up the status of "man of the house." But John is trying to give him "permission" to do so, and to just "be a teen" now. John is so very good with all of them; I can't thank God enough for bringing us together!

Okay, I'm gonna quit now, before I start "being female" and :bawling: all over the place!! :lol: :wink:
~Wendy~
stillseeking
Native Resident

Postby SteveNTL » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks, Wendy.
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:30 am

Congrats John and Wendy :angel1:

I hope to get a chance to meet you all sometime, if I get close to your new home. I already met John and Rachel, but have yet to meet the rest of you.

send me an e-mail, or call me with the location of your home, and we will try and coordinate a visit sometime.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby minister72 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Congratulations John & Wendy! I'm sure there will be a lot adjustments with your blender family. Remember the most important part is feed and nurture the primary relationship in the family (husband/wife). Don't let it become neglected in favor of other relationships. Of course, your relationship with Christ is still greater, but I think you understand what I intend.

grace & peace,
minister72
minister72
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise