The Prodigal Has Returned

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Prodigal Has Returned

Postby LivingFree » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:06 pm

For the past six months my wife and I have been leading a small church fellowship group in our own home (clothed). It consists of two family groups, and our largest attendance has been 10. The two family groups are headed by Tom and Esther, and Tom and Tami (both couples in their 40s). Tom and Esther have two sons in their early 20s (Tommy and Ben) still living at home. Tom and Tami have a grown daughter, mid 20s, with an 18 mo daughter, living in her own apt., and a son who just graduated from high school.

Tom and Esther have been praying real hard for Ben. He feels God's call upon his life, but has been resisting. Last night at about 9:15 he called, and asked if he could come over and talk. I said, "sure." We talked for nearly 2 hours. He confessed many wayward things in his life, and asked a lot of questions. He is a tenderhearted young man, and never wants to hurt anyone -- but there is a lot of codependency in there also, so I helped him understand how to set the right kinds of boundaries. I didn't condemn him for his sins, but just let him talk and walked along the pathway with him. I could see the load coming off his shoulders. He entered my home burdened with so much; he left so relaxed, full of joy, and radiating faith.

This afternoon Esther talked to my wife, and said everything is 180 degrees different in their home now. And he plans to be in our little church next Sunday with his girlfriend. Wouldn't you know -- the sermon text will be on the Sower and the Seed. Could it be any more perfect, or what? God does work . . . .

On a sadder note, Tom and Tami's daughter, Heather, kicked her boyfriend, the little girl's daddy, out of the house last week, alleging a slap in the face. Jason was growing in the Lord, and we're concerned for him. We hope we can do some good for them, too.

So rejoice with us, and pray for us. God is still at work in this great big world of his.
LivingFree

Postby Nakedflyer » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:41 pm

Thank you LF for sharing that.

Godbless

Tony :D
Made in His Likeness, Naked as He intended.
Nakedflyer
Nakedflyer
Resident

Postby bullet » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:04 pm

What a great story LF. Did Ben show up today? Please keep us posted on how the events go. It's so wonderful to hear of a lost son or daughter who find their way home to the Lord.
bullet

Postby LivingFree » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:11 pm

Ben didn't show up for church today, and was his mother livid -- er, heart-broken -- well, er, actually livid. But thank God the sermon text was the Parable of the Sower, so we talked about the different kinds of soil, and the different levels of crop production, and how Paul said, "I planted, Apollos watered, but God gives the harvest." So I told her to think of herself as the farmer, and not the harvest crew. She has planted good seed, and it is beginning to sprout, but it's just taking a lot more time than she wants it to. So keep on praying for Ben.
LivingFree

Postby bullet » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:47 pm

Will do. I know how his mother must feel, I have a wayward nephew who has professed a desire to be born again multiple times, but continues to battle a drug addiction that has cost him nearly everything and everyone he holds dear. It's a difficult drama to watch unfold, but as you said, God must do the harvesting, we can only plant the seeds.
bullet

Return to Worship in Praise