I feel the Spirit!!!!!!!!!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

I feel the Spirit!!!!!!!!!

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:46 pm

I got sick of the sitting on of hands at my CRC church, so I decided to give a local non-denominational church a try. It is called Resurrection Life, in Grandville, MI. The Spirit is certainly alive there! I have a renewed sense of the Lord in me. I had no idea that all I was lacking was a place where one can be uninhibited. The music there is great, and the pastoral staff is very gifted at delivering wonderful sermons. Tomorrow I officially join. Then, later in the day I will be 'properly' baptised. I love this new direction my life has taken.
Live life in love, for to love is to live!
Greg.
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Re: I feel the Spirit!!!!!!!!!

Postby jochanaan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:33 pm

That's great, Greg! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could be so uninhibited in ALL the churches! :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:04 pm

In my former church, we would hardly applaud after a performance, such as someone singing. The last straw for me was at a youth led service. A girl sang, she was very good, I thought that we should applaud, but...listen to those crickets chirping! I said "That's it!" So several months after, I finally tried ResLife, and loved it since then. ResLife is a church of maybe 10,000. There are three services on Sunday, four if you count the Spanish service, one on Saturday night, and one on Wednesday night.
Now, my former church, that was fine for this shy, reserved guy. I love the old hymns, and the music director always chooses great music to play. He and I get on good. And crowds, well, I don't like big crowds, too noisy. But, last October, I visited my brother with my parents in NYC. I handled it just fine, one of the best trips of my life! So I thought if I could handle the NYC crowds, I should be able to handle the crowd at ResLife. I was right! I even sit in the 2nd to 4th rows most times, right near the speakers! Bring it on, I guess! I am also going to try to look people in the eye, something very hard for this autistic guy to do, but I am determined. I also will try not to be ashamed to talk of Jesus and the Word. Others are not ashamed to talk of their god, with their filthy talk, so why must I be ashamed to talk of my God? Lord, talk through me!
Greg.
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby Alfie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:01 am

That's good to hear Greg.
We all need a kick in the pants from time to time, to get out of our comfort zone and to seek the Lord and his fullness more.
Don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind
Alfie
Native Resident

Postby jimmy » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi Soapbox Preacher,

It is my fondest prayer that you will be filled with the Holy Spirit and become a Champion of the Faith.

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks, Jimmy, I do feel that I am on that path!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Today at ResLife, to say that the Spirit was alive would be an understatement. We sang a song that says "The same power that conquered the grave lives in me,
The love that saved the world lives in me" I may have it mixed up a little, different words maybe. That was so awesome to sing that in the presence of all that were there. We repeated it many times, a tear rolled down my cheek, such a powerful moment! Praise God!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:31 pm

Soapbox Preacher wrote:Tomorrow I officially join. Then, later in the day I will be 'properly' baptised.

What do you mean "properly" baptized. Weren't you baptized before, after accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:10 pm

I mean baptised via immersion. The Greek word baptizo means to immerse. So when it says in the Bible, "Repent and be baptised..." it means be immersed. Sprinkling and pouring have different Greek translations.
I indeed was sprinkled as an infant. Now I have been baptised (immersed) this past Sunday.
It is the opinion (based on the above) of some that immersion is the only way to salvation going along with of course accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior and all that stuff. Go to www.realtruth.org, and watch the baptism video. Very interesting
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Soapbox Preacher wrote:I mean baptised via immersion. The Greek word baptizo means to immerse. So when it says in the Bible, "Repent and be baptised..." it means be immersed. Sprinkling and pouring have different Greek translations.
I indeed was sprinkled as an infant. Now I have been baptised (immersed) this past Sunday.
It is the opinion (based on the above) of some that immersion is the only way to salvation going along with of course accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior and all that stuff. Go to http://www.realtruth.org, and watch the baptism video. Very interesting

Couldn't find the baptism video you referred to.

I agree that full immersion is the model of Baptism presented in Scripture and by the early Church. I also believe that it should be done when one consciously comes to faith in Jesus and not before. However, it is not salvific but rather an affect of saving knowlege of Christ in that it is the first act of obedience of a new believer, an outward sign of an inward change, an open declaration or witness before others that one is indeed a follower of Christ Jesus.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:15 am

One way to find that video is to search for baptism via google or whatever, then click on the real truth about baptism, if that shows up.
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:01 am

Soapbox Preacher wrote:Go to http://www.realtruth.org, and watch the baptism video. Very interesting

The "real truth" site raised a few red flags with me... If you follow through with where they came from, they are the remnants of the "World Wide Church of God" started by Herbert W Armstrong which was considered to be a Cult.

The current World Wide Church of God revised it doctrine a couple of decades ago causing a split and is no longer considered a cult by most people. I have friends there and, for the most part, would fit in doctrinally with most evangelical churches.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:34 pm

I like listening to David C. Pack, the guy preaching on the video. I never heard of him until I watched it. I plan on watching other teachings by him.
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 pm

By the way, for baptisms, ResLife has the bapisees wear swimsuits, then covered up in robes. I thought at least we were going to have a t-shirt on, the robe we wear until we got to the baptismal. At least it is somewhat close to nudity, like it was done in earlier times. I have not owned a swimsuit in years! I went to Meijer to get a pair. Now what will I do with it? Cut it up for rags? Donate it to the Needy Swimmers Association?
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Postby kirkkertrats » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:12 am

PTL!
kirkkertrats
Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Praise