I feel the Spirit!!!!!!!!!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: I feel the Spirit!!!!!!!!!

Postby jude700 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 pm

More and more churches are baptizing in the nude. The candidate is given a choice. This change is causing some to leave, but it is also drawing others. The Catholic Church allows for a conditional baptism, as once one is baptized and accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, there is little need to be baptized again.

jude
God Bless.

True joy is a serious thing

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 am

jude700 wrote:More and more churches are baptizing in the nude.

What churches are you aware of that are doing this?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jude700 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:04 pm

natman wrote:
jude700 wrote:More and more churches are baptizing in the nude.

What churches are you aware of that are doing this?

Went to a daily or Sat morning Mass near Addison, Illinois a boy & a girl were being baptized. The priest said it was the choice of the families & youngsters. He mentioned the early church for precedence.

Remember, most of the priests in the US get transferred every 3 - 6 years.

jude
God Bless.

True joy is a serious thing

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Re: Modern nude baptisms

Postby jochanaan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:51 pm

How old were the boy and the girl, Jude?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:58 am

"I am also going to try to look people in the eye, something very hard for this autistic guy to do, but I am determined. "

Say, brother, are we near literal here? I am fringe Aspie [never diagnosed, probably because in my day it did not exist] and rarely get into direct eye to eye.

Curious - how does the group react to the quiet? I have seen churches that are never still and others that never open anything. Been to a FEW that had both full throttle and true stillness, and welcomed all comers.

Sounds like you have found a good fit - Hallelujah! It takes the Spirit to get there.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby dby » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Petros wrote:Say, brother, are we near literal here? I am fringe Aspie [never diagnosed, probably because in my day it did not exist] and rarely get into direct eye to eye.

I'd be curious how many in the Naturist movement are on the autism spectrum. In talking to my psychotherapist and mentioning my involvement in naturism, he said it isn't unusual for those with Asperger's and other autism spectrum issues to not like clothing. Sensory overload being what it is, it feels better to not have my entire skin surface being "touched" by clothing all the time. I'm much more relaxed if I don't have to put up with it. My level of eye contact even seems to go up a bit when I don't have the sensory input of the clothing.
dby
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:30 pm

"My level of eye contact even seems to go up a bit when I don't have the sensory input of the clothing."

Now THAT is really interesting. Never really had a good chance to try it, but it makes some sense.

Do you know wrongplanet.net? A LOT of my life and hard times made sense when I found it. One of the boards has a thread on who does / not hang out nude. A large number replying affirmatively, though there are a few like my also spectrum but confirmed textile wife who report needing the armor. Think Temple Grandin's squeezer thing?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby imnakedtoo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:01 pm

I feel the Spirit and the Spirit feel me too
imnakedtoo
Resident

Postby dby » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 am

Yes, I've been a member of WrongPlanet.net for years. Speaking of being on the Wrong Planet and feeling a bit "odd" compared with everyone else, have you seen this video:
dby
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:25 am

well, dby, double greetings. For whatever reason, the video was purely a blank space.

Yon side the fence, you will find me as Philologos. I DO wish the WP Politics Philosophy Religion - a combo that immediately tells you something - were not so quashing and politicized. It is the one place on WP i cannot feel at home.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 pm

dby wrote:Yes, I've been a member of WrongPlanet.net for years. Speaking of being on the Wrong Planet and feeling a bit "odd" compared with everyone else, have you seen this video:

Very cute. Sometimes, I think we ALL feel like that little child.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby dby » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:32 am

Petros wrote:well, dby, double greetings. For whatever reason, the video was purely a blank space.

Let's try a direct link then:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Zqpf0FELM

Yon side the fence, you will find me as Philologos. I DO wish the WP Politics Philosophy Religion - a combo that immediately tells you something - were not so quashing and politicized. It is the one place on WP i cannot feel at home.

Yeah, I don't discuss religion or politics too much over there. One pet theory on autism I have is that with the loss of connection on the physical plane (social problems, face blindness, theory of mind issues, etc) the connection on the spiritual plane goes up. So I speculate that the various prophets and shamans through history were probably on the autism spectrum. But their spirituality is based upon their family's spirituality. So now that we have a large number of atheists with autistic spectrum children we are seeing a rather negative view of religion among those with autism. For those families that have a genuine Christian faith (not just the "for show" fake faith), I suspect that their autistic children will share their faith.

Likewise, in the Orthodox Jewish world. Consider these non-verbal Orthodox men with autism. They were raised in Orthodoxy, so what they communicate is very Orthodox in nature. They are non-verbal so they point to Hebrew letters to spell out what they have to communicate. Reading their articles is interesting:
http://www.dani18.com/index.php?show=en
You will have to get past some of the Hebrew idioms that they use, but they are talking about the Time of Redemption (Geula) and the soon coming of Messiah (Moshiach)! Obviously, being from an Orthodox background, their spirit thinks that this is the first coming of Messiah, not the second coming. But read what they are communicating with that in mind. It is interesting.
dby
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:40 am

That got me into the clip, thanks. Interesting - though also troubling when you areas aware of uniformitarian pressures as I am. I was reminded of our son's first - only - day of preschool [for most of his time we homeschooled, which I envy him without begrudging]. We took him in for a test day, hung around in the background. All the little ones were drawing. He was not yet ready to draw - VERY much against doing things he can't yet be good at. He took a black marker and started drawing raindrops [first few years he was aways drawing in black]. Dot dot dot, dot dot dot, covering the paper. Teacher rather shocked [what could this mean?] But the other kids started doing raindrops on their pictures too.

On spiriuality, you may have something. I am in my family the first discernible Aspie in three generations - and the only one in three generations with any discernible spiritual openness. My wife is from a more spiritually aware family, but of those we know the top three are the likely Aspies.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:55 am

dby wrote:One pet theory on autism I have is that with the loss of connection on the physical plane (social problems, face blindness, theory of mind issues, etc) the connection on the spiritual plane goes up.

I think that is true for just about ANY "disabilty". When someone is lacking in one area, they tend to increase in some other area. I had a blind teacher when I was in the 5th and 6th grades. Because of his blindness, his senses of smell, and hearing were increased such that he could navigate the halls of school almost without his cane as he listened to the sound bouncing off the walls and lockers. It is one of the reasons that they say that people with degrees of autism may be EXCELLENT at higher reasoning skill such as math and spelling while their communicative skills make be lacking.

I think the bottom line is that we are all glass jars which fit a fixed number of marbles. If we lack some marbles of one color, God fills us up with marbles of another color and visa versa.

Of course, some people say that I have LOST all of my marbles. The truth is, they are right. I have merely replaced them with super balls. The bouncing is driving me CRAZY. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:41 pm

marbles - Sherlock Holmes [fictive, but based on a real person, an excellent specimen of Great Stone Face 5w6 Aspie, is made to talk of his brain as an attic - if it is neatly organized with selected useful items, great, but there is only so much room and if randomized is useless.
Petros
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Praise