95 cheers for 95 years!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

95 cheers for 95 years!

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Yup, today is my number 1 girl's 95th birthday. My grandma is a wonderful example of love. She loves all of her family, and we love her. I am glad I was not there today, as they probably had a wild party, with drugs like Ex-lax and milk of magnesia, and maybe an 80 year old stripper! Too wild for me!!!!!
I do go up tomorrow to the family reunion, and of course there will be some celebration of her birthday there.
I thank God for such a wonderful grandmother as she is, one of the biggest blessings in my life. She also still has most of her mind with her as well, another reason to praise the Almighty God.
Greg.
Live life in love, for to love is to live!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Re: 95 cheers for 95 years!

Postby natman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:20 am

Envisioning an eighty-year-old stripper brought tears to my eyes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: 95 cheers for 95 years!

Postby Soapbox Preacher » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:07 pm

There was some historical family info shared at the reunion. My grandparents once owned a restaurant. Everyday, grandma made pies. It was revealed that once, she made more than 2700 pies in one year! That is around 9 and more pies a day! Maybe they did not open on Sundays, so that would make it even more a day. She could have worked in Hollywood on The Three Stooges set!
Live life in love, for to love is to live!
Soapbox Preacher
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise