Prayer/Praise - Wife's Father Passed Away

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Prayer/Praise - Wife's Father Passed Away

Postby natman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:54 am

I do not know whether to post this as a "Prayer Request" or "Praise Report".

On Friday, my wife's father passed away peacefully and went home to be in the presence of our Lord.

Certainly there is a prayer need for our family as we will have to deal with all of the arrangements. However, there is an enormous praise as her father was (is) one of the strongest Christain men I have EVER known. There was not a person that met him or a time that we were together that he did not remind us that having a trusting relationship in Christ Jesus was the ONLY way that we would get to Heaven.

He lived an exemplory life, taking care of his mother and sister after his father died, until he was 38 years old. He lived at the YMCA on 25 cents a week so that he could send the rest home to his mom. Then when he got married, he took care of his mother in-law for many years who had MS.

Although he had very little, he was constantly giving to others in material and time and NEVER complained.

On the day that he passed away, he was still of such strength of mind that he preached for over an hour to each of his children and grand children about living for the Lord first and foremost, blessing and praying over each of us. Then, as if on cue, his heart simply slowed down and he went to sleep, knowing EXACTLY where he was going.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Prayer/Praise - Wife's Father Passed Away

Postby jimmy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Natman,

You and your family are certinaly in our prayers. I can not think of a better example of Christ than your Father-in-law and how he lived his life.

God bless you and your family!

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby bullet » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:56 am

Nathan, What a tremendous testimony of a life well lived. My prayers are certainly with you and your family, but what a joy to know that your father in law was completely assured of his place eternally.
bullet
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Your description of his death reminds me of Genesis 49, where Jacob/Israel knew he was to die soon and called his family together to bless them with, probably literally, his last breath. What a beautiful picture of the way death should come to believers! Thanks for sharing it.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby minister72 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:22 pm

Wow! I'm sorry this is so late. I took a break trying to spend less time online. What a powerful testimony of faith. That is the way I would want to pass from this life to the next, speaking truth and blessing to my family and then release.
And what a peace this must have helped to bring to the family. My prayers and praise are with you still.
Grace and Peace,
Minister72

1 Cor 1:18 - A Professor once said when hearing or discovering a new truth in scripture, before fully considering it, I look for the paradox. I have found naturism to be a great paradox and fully biblical.
minister72
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise