When Faith Comes Knowledge

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

When Faith Comes Knowledge

Postby Petros » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:26 am

When we married, I had reason to believe we were not going to have children. Came a strong image of a little boy with a message attached - pretty much "this time next year you will have a son". Well, I did not laugh, but I did raise eyebrows. Okay, Lord, I have to believe, but I can't say I understand or am convinced. About a year later, there he is.

These days, we have a very strong sense of being called to do a thing that is ABSOLUTELY impossible. My wife goes back and forth between YES! - but why doesn't it happen? and NO WAY. And this time I am given to have no doubts at all - though I have to say I can NOT see how.

I think I have that so that when she falls into NO WAY with accompanying despair I can tell her YES WAY. She knows - I am the doubting Thomas in the family. If God gives me to be uncompromisingly ceratain, she xan see something must be up.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: When Faith Comes Knowledge

Postby natman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:03 pm

So, in essence, God may be saying, "yes, but not right now" to whatever it is that you feel "certain" He is drawing you. This is one of those times when you must simply wait on the Lord and HE will make things happen.

You are truely blessed.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: When Faith Comes Knowledge

Postby Petros » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:34 pm

I am grateful that with the message he is giving the confidence not to pull a Sarah - or worse a Saul. So easy in the flesh to get off the bus too early because the route LOOKS wrong or too long.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise