Praise the Lord

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Praise the Lord

Postby Dave » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:36 am

I applied for a position with our county EMS system and discovered that it now requires a physical ability test. The test involved tasks which I do almost every day when working in EMS but I was still extremely nervous since it was a test and moving forward with trying to get the job depended on passing the test.

I was a nervous wreck and turned things over to God asking him to keep my calm and pass if it was his will that I get the position. I still have the assessment and interview phase to get through but I passed the physical test with flying colors.

Glory to God!

In Christ,
Dave
Dave
Councillor

Re: Praise the Lord

Postby Anthony111 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:25 am

Amen Dave! Good for you!
Anthony111
Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:53 am

That's great, Dave! And I pray you'll get the job. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jimmy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Dave,

We are praying for you.

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby natman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:11 pm

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

So YOU'RE the one I need to call when I've fallen and I can't get up.

'May take a while for you to get here though. :(
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby bn2bnude » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:50 am

Great Job Dave!!!
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 am

Thank you so much everyone. My assessment and interview is the afternoon of the 22nd and I should know more after that.

Yes Natman, I'm one of the ones who will come and pick you up :) We actually do get at least one call like that a shift but that's OK.

In Christ,
Dave
Dave
Councillor

Postby natman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Dave wrote:Yes Natman, I'm one of the ones who will come and pick you up :) We actually do get at least one call like that a shift but that's OK.

All the way from North Carolina???? WOW!!!! Now THAT'S service!!! :mrgreen:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby firefighter » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Even running code 3 it's going to take awhile to get to you natman.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby Dave » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:16 am

natman wrote:All the way from North Carolina???? WOW!!!! Now THAT'S service!!! :mrgreen:

I didn't say it was going to be timely :lol:

In Christ,
Dave
Dave
Councillor

Postby natman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 pm

firefighter wrote:Even running code 3 it's going to take awhile to get to you natman.

So you're saying that if I fall, I had better have at least three square meals and the channel changer with me 'cause I could be there for a while. :cry:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:09 am

This forum is Internet based, therefore, time, distance, and mass are of no significance. Even more important is that prayer does not depend on any man-made transmission path. We all have a direct line to the spirit. If you fall and can't get up, just send a message.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:49 pm

I realize that this is an old thread of mine but I need to give thanks to our God once again. I did not get the position I applied for back in September but another, probably better position, became available in December. This application process is much longer and much more involved but I received a call this morning telling me I had made it to the next phase of the process and it is the grace of God that gotten me this far and to Him I give thanks. There are still several steps in the process but I'm looking forward with a positive attitude and God on my side.

If I get this position it will have been a 4 month process with 2 tests, a psychological evaluation, a physical examination and an interview. I should know for sure in a few more weeks. Being out of work has not been a fun experience at all.

In Christ,
Dave
Dave
Councillor

Postby natman » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Dave,

It sounds promising. I pray that God will open up EXACTLY the right doors for you.

Losing a job is definitely NOT fun. I have only lost one job in my life, after the company I worked for for 25 years had been purchased by another and after I personally took responsibility to orchestrate and carried out the moving of their employees, computers, telecom and servers into our offices without a hitch.

Two weeks later, my wife told me she had filed for divorce. Talk about kicking a man when he is down.

So my heart goes out to you.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Praise the Lord!

I just received a phone call about the position I applied for in December and I was formally offered the job. A drug test, hearing test and physical are the final steps but I know I will pass those without a problem (passed all 3 in January during my annual firefighter physical). The academy starts April 25th so I have a month left of not being employed but I now know that that will be ending soon.

Thank you to everyone who has lifted me up in prayer. I'm excited to be starting on a new career that will take me to retirement.

In Christ,
Dave
Dave
Councillor

Next

Return to Worship in Praise