Praise the Lord

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Praise the Lord

Postby jochanaan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:19 pm

:dance:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby peacebwu » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 am

Praise the Lord. As I sit and write this note, I am thinking of all the life and light there is in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Being every earthly day is given to us, by Him who created us and all things, every day is a day to rejoice in the name of the Lord and give thanks, and praise. He hath given to us a spirit of power and love, not of cowardice or of fear. Therefore rejoice in Him, daily, hourly, second by second. It is my belief, that faith in Him grows stronger by praise and worship, which can be done in so many different ways. For example, one afternoon, I was at an outdoor chapel, naked, myself and nature, looking out at the sunset, a horizon; and standing at the edge of a cliff which opened to a canyon. All I could see and smell were the sights and aroma of living nature. All I could hear was the sound of a light wind coming up from the canyon, and the rustling sounds of some nearby squirrels and birds in the brush. All I could feel was the light wind blowing across my skin on the front portion of my body, and my hair on my head, and the light heat from the sun rays that were still reaching across the sky and striking my skin. All I could taste was the aftertaste of a small glass of wine I had prior to walking up to the outdoor chapel. As I looked out at God's wonderful creations, and experienced it in person, I prayed to the Lord, and gave thanks, and praise for the gifts of life, love and peace that we all share in.
Psalms 23; 1-3
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restors my soul; He guides in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."

peacebwu
:cross:
peacebwu
Resident

Postby natman » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:22 am

Beautiful imagery and a reminder that all the world is our "chapel", not just the brick and mortar structures we often meet in on Sunday or Saturday mornings.

I enjoy getting up early, grabbing a cup of coffee and walking around our garden, dressed in my custom-taylored, God-given outfit and nothing else beside my wedding ring, giving thanks to the Lord for His provision of beauty, aromas and sustainance. I often place my hand on each of our fruit trees and bushes and ask God's blessing upon them that they will grow strong and bountiful, for us and for those in need. I marvel that even in the man-altered area, God has provided balance and harmony in His design.

Lift our praise to the Lord, in the valleys, on the hills, by the shores and on the seas, for the Lord is good and full of mercy and grace.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Mikeytosh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 pm

I have been learning the critical lesson of praising God during difficult times.
"Trust in the Lord With all your heart & lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path" Prov. 3 vs.5
Mikeytosh
Resident

Postby Johannes_1965 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:54 am

peacebwu wrote: As I looked out at God's wonderful creations, and experienced it in person, I prayed to the Lord, and gave thanks, and praise for the gifts of life, love and peace that we all share in.
Psalms 23; 1-3
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restors my soul; He guides in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."

peacebwu
:cross:

Thanks for your beautiful poetic text. I want to praise the Lord for the wonderful surroundings of mountains, rocks, creeks, swallows and butterflies I often may taste in the Pyrenees. Praise to the Lord for the clear skies with magnificent outlook on the stars God made light-years away from us so they look stable in there appearance over the year. Praise HIM for the sun, source of light and life, the moon and the planets that surround us.
To me it's like the liturgy a foretaste of heaven, the communion of saints in the presence of our creator.
"Praise Him, all His angels; Praise Him, all His hosts! Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him, all stars of light!"
(Ps 148,2-3)
"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained; What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty!" (Ps 8,3-5)
Johannes
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit..."
(John 15,5)
Johannes_1965
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Praise