THANK YOU!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

THANK YOU!

Postby Cliff » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:38 am

I could start today telling God how thankful I am for what He has done for me. I am still amazed at what HE does for me. Thank you GOD.
Cliff
Resident

Re: THANK YOU!

Postby jochanaan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm certain God says "You're welcome." :) Now, what specifically has He done for you lately? :wink:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Cliff wrote:I could start today telling God how thankful I am for what He has done for me. I am still amazed at what HE does for me. Thank you GOD.

AMEN!!!

And we should do that from the rising to the setting of the sun, when we sit down and when we stand up, when we sleep and when we awake.... essentially all the time.

THANK YOU LORD!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Desert Hiker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:02 am

jochanaan wrote:I'm certain God says "You're welcome." :) Now, what specifically has He done for you lately? :wink:

I woke up this morning; thank you

I ate breakfast; thank you

I drank my favorite brew of coffee; thank you

My kids woke up; Thank you

They ate breakfast; thank you

They had their favorite beverage; thank you

We traveled in a car; thank you

We arrived safely; thank you

We had pizza!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you................................ :bow:
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:02 pm

I am always amazed at the people who can't understand why bad things happen to them since they consider themselves to be "good people", and therefore (in their minds) not deserving of bad things.

Personally, I am always amazed that God is so good to me. Yes, I have physical and financial problems, but I brought both of those on myself and can't blame God. In His mercy He has allowed me to be more blessed than I deserve. I don't have much by human standards, but I have a roof over my head (even though it leaks), plenty of food to eat, a good-running car (13 years old) to take me where I need to go, and reasonably good health--I'm not bedridden yet.

I praise God daily for His goodness, mercy and grace, and I realize that He gives me what I don't deserve and spares me from what I do deserve. NO one deserves good from God. it is given to us through His love, grace and mercy.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Roy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 am

I lost my wife through cancer a year ago, and there is still a lot of grief around; but I thank God that he gives me incredible strength, with lots of opportunity for ministry. In fact, I think the experience has deepened my ministry. Nothing is wasted in God's economy - even when we can't understand why things happen.
Jesus first
Roy
Native Resident

Postby Djadja » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:57 pm

I used to think that the answer in Job, when God asks Job “where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?” was the only answer He gave us. Not meaning God says “who are you to ask me?” (He’s not that kind of God.) More along the lines of “I can’t explain it to a created being. You wouldn’t get it.” So I thought for a long time that this was all the answer God gave us to the question of why there is suffering: that the answer is beyond our understanding.

But now I know there is another answer to suffering. It isn’t a “why” answer, but an “I suffer too,” answer. When we think we are suffering and wonder “where is God in all this,” the answer is that He suffers with us. He suffers whenever his children suffer. To the question, “then why doesn’t God do anything about it?” we also have an answer. He did something about it. He lived among us, suffered and died for us, and rose from the dead to give us life forever. What more can we ask?

May I have this faith when I am sorely tested! But it's my understanding of the question.
Djadja
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:14 am

Fo true. The coach runs the laps along with - and leading - his team.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise