Basking

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Basking

Postby Petros » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Here is a Thankgiving for you.

Last Monday JUST in time for Thanksgiving the furnace in our office wing packed it in. SECOND furnace needing replacement this year. Just in time for a cold snap. Just in time for Number 1 son coming home for the holiday. With the kitty running on vapors.

Kind of puts a crimp in nude time with no furnace in an upper Midwest cold snap.

AND - need to pull a pile out of what pretends to be savings. Not fun.

So - Thanks and praise? Just got off the phone with the dealer - asking is instalment a possibility. I'm figuring, if wew spred it over three months, we can probably stretch to swing it.

He tells me - got a program - 6 months same as cash. I WOULD NOT HAVE DARED TO ASK FOR THAT.

So - Praise the Lord. Warmly.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Basking

Postby Larryk1052 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Sorry to hear about the unexpected furnace expense, but that 6 month same as cash sounds like a blessing. Now, maybe you can enjoy some indoor nude time.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Petros wrote:He tells me - got a program - 6 months same as cash. I WOULD NOT HAVE DARED TO ASK FOR THAT.

I constantly get credit card applications that come with up to 18 months same as cash. I do not like to carry any debt apart from our mortgage, which should be paid off in about 5 years, however, if there is a absolute need that is stretching our available cash and there is someone willing to provide the funds free of interest for a period of time, we have taken advantage of it. This is one place where inflation actually works to your advantage.

At any rate, it never hurts to ask. You might even ask if they have a simlar 12-month program.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:23 am

Interesting. We USED to get all sorts of greatcredit offerings, but the past several months they have trickled away for the most part. Maybe they know something of our financial state [not so hot pension plus one dose SocSec plus inflow from Bible translation activity that a reasonable tax law would see as a far above tithing non-profit contribution , balanced against a country place that WAS us plus my mother in law but is now solamente nosotros.

But the Lord provides. Though my earthly component could wish it were not so much on the manna principle.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise