Timing

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Timing

Postby Petros » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 am

Shortly after Christmas i was sruck down by some highly debilitating illness brought me along with a visit for the week from Number 1 Son. Was very out of it, low on energy, appetite. It did not go away, which was most inconvenient. My wife's niece and family were du to viit us this Friday. In addition to that relationship, they are cloe friends. In addition to that, they are helping out one of my projects. So as well as preparing for the visit I needed to pull togethe materials for their next assignment.

Which was impossible. The couple times I tried I could not concentrate. Hopeless.

By Wednesday, I was feeling a bit better, so instead of going to bed way early as I had been, I said I would stay up and try to think of something. Came to the office, turned on the computer - and it fell into place, ducks in a row, fish in a barrel. I could not havde had better more detailed organization if I had beedn working on it all week instead of dozing eight hours a day and sleeping twelve.

By the time they got here, body and mind AND thge new project were all in good winter driving condition.

As I told my wife, NO way was that me. I am good, but I do not go from blank stares to unusually efficient work by flipping a switch. I count Wednesday night as all God's work and an exceedingly grateful.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Timing

Postby natman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 am

Whatever it is you are working on, it must be important... important enough to shake the crud out of you into time to get it done.

God is good... all the time.. and all the time... God is good.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Timing

Postby Petros » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:24 am

Operating on the nuts and bolts side [when one of the nuts approaches my cubicle, I bolts] of Bible translation. I have three assistants whom I need to remember to water like plants in a timely way with new assignments. Thde deadline in this case was imposed by the fact that Assistant #3 wass on a rare visit to town so that being able to talk face to face was a great blessing.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise