Reduced rent

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Reduced rent

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Yesterday I was asked if I could afford to stay here if my rent was lowered by $100 per month, and I readily said "Yes." Today the owner of the RV park said that he'd rather reduce my rent than lose me entirely. Apparently I've made a good impression here. Praise God for that! Now maybe I won't have to move--even if I could find anything I can afford.

Someone sent me info on apartments less than 200 miles from in California that start at $368 per month. However, they told me when I called that they are full and have a waiting list of at least 18 months. They charge rent according to your income. They're very nice apartments, and it even includes a large pool.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Re: Reduced rent

Postby jochanaan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:09 pm

That's great, Jon-Marc! :D Sounds like the LORD is working for you. May He continue to do so. :pray:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:48 pm

jochanaan wrote:That's great, Jon-Marc! :D Sounds like the LORD is working for you. May He continue to do so. :pray:

And Visa-Versa. :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes! God is very good, and ways open up. We have been very concerned about the apparent need to leave here if nothing drastic breaks. Refused for a refinancing, looking at some variant of the bankruptcy deal.

Saturday we took off - spend the day in prayer focussed on the problem.

Came out of it clear - using a pile of our savings - not the lot - to buy down the worst of the debt is going to free up at least a thousand a month to get out of the hole and move back from the brink.

A lot to be said for prayer!
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 pm

After living here for nearly 5 months, I was told that I am responsible for taking care of the RV site--keeping the weeds down; there isn't any grass. They could have told me that when I moved in last December.

I have nothing that will do the job and can't get anything before next month, if I can even do it then. I haven't got enough money to pay all my bills every month or buy the food I want.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 pm

Jon Marc,

If your health allows you to do the work yourself, maybe you could borrow a weed eater in exchange for one of your pies.

If you need help, hire some young person with a weed eater in exchange for one of your pies.

I hired one of my young neighbors to take care of my pets while I was out of town. The girl needed the money and I was glad to have her help.

Of course if you got a nanny goat, she'd eat the weeds that you would otherwise have to mow; she'd produce milk to help keep you fed. Her dropping will help your tomatoes grow this summer and when she sheds wool, you can make yarn out of it for a sweater.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Although I can't afford to hire someone to do the work, I might check around and see if I can find someone to do it cheaply. I didn't have to do that in Florida; they did it for me. It's not my property, and I shouldn't have to do it. The owners here are too cheap to pay someone to take care of their property.They only paid $500,000 for over 500 acres with over 300 RV sites, two swimming pools, hot tub, and multiple buildings.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Update: I was asked if I wanted to buy this RV I'm renting. At first I wasn't going to buy an RV that is going on 22-years-old but changed my mind. I will be paying the $358 site rent plus $180.91 per month on the RV. That is $35.09 less than I'm paying for rent, and in two years it will be paid off. Then instead of the $575 I'm paying each month for rent. I will be paying just $358 site rent. That will mean and additional $217 less I will be paying each month from what I have been paying for rent.

I have been praying for God to make it possible for me to move out of the high desert (which I don't like), but He apparently had other plans. There is a small Baptist church in the nearby town--about 5 miles away. I doubt I could get anyone from that church to come here to get me, but hopefully I will have my car back on the road this month.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 am

Jon-Marc,

That sounds GREAT! Now you can retire in the style you would like to become accustomed to.

What is it about the high desert that you do not like? Many of us would give our right arm to live in such a place, especially if we could do so nude 100% of the time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Nathan, what I don't like about the high desert is the extremely high winds every day throughout the winter, which makes the already rather chilly weather feel even colder. I have no idea if I would like any desert, but I do know that at sea level here the weather is warmer. Of course, the summers are too hot during the day, while the summer nights so far have been perfect. of course, I've always been one who would rather sweat than shiver.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:02 am

Jon-Marc wrote:Nathan, what I don't like about the high desert is the extremely high winds every day throughout the winter, which makes the already rather chilly weather feel even colder. I have no idea if I would like any desert, but I do know that at sea level here the weather is warmer. Of course, the summers are too hot during the day, while the summer nights so far have been perfect. of course, I've always been one who would rather sweat than shiver.

Jon Marc,

I don't know if you will find a sea level naturist home, but I have roamed the hills and mesas north of San Diego and found that it has a climate you might like better than the one you currently live in.

If you live right by the shore, the coastal fogs keep things chilly, until the sun burns off those gray cold clouds.
But if you can find a place just a little bit further inland, you can largely escape the chill of these fogs, but the nights are not quite as cold as the mountains to the east and the high desert beyond them.

If you have ever been to places like Vista California, that's what I have in mind.
But offhand I do not know what nudist opportunities there are in that climate zone just barely inland from the coastal fog belt.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Living in a nudist resort has done me more harm than good--as far as my Christian life goes. As much as I hate the idea of living in a textile area, if I want to get back into fellowship with other Christians (they are rare in nudist resorts), I need to move out of here.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:Living in a nudist resort has done me more harm than good--as far as my Christian life goes. As much as I hate the idea of living in a textile area, if I want to get back into fellowship with other Christians (they are rare in nudist resorts), I need to move out of here.

May I ask what Sam does for Christian fellowship?
What about Pastor Jeff in Desert Hot Springs? We should ask both of these men how they maintain their ties to the church.

I meet Christians almost every time I go to naturist resorts. You might be in a more secular area of the country.

There's a new Christian church on the grounds of Lake Como.
I know a Christian couple who go to Olive Dell all the time.
There's a church that meets at White Tail Resort in Virginia.
And a weekly fellowship meeting is starting at a resort in Pennsylvania.
There had been a Christian nudist group in Spokane Washington, but I don't have any firsthand contacts there.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Jon-Marc, there was a time not too long ago, before the church I'm going to now started Sabbath services, when I had no regular church home. While I didn't, I made sure to commune with God regularly, reserving Sabbath morning for rest and private worship. Sometimes I played music or sang, but more often I just prayed and studied. And while I missed the fellowship of other worshippers, I drew even closer to God then. Churches can be helpful--but as you know, they can sometimes be less than open to newly discovered or rediscovered truths.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I know nothing about the spiritual aspect of Sam's life.

Joch, there's not a day that goes by that I don't spend time praising God and recognizing His greatness and goodness to me. So I am in daily fellowship with Him in that way despite not having any Christian fellowship.

For those of you who know Vic and Jane from Naturist Christians, he is back in the hospital with blood clots. He has been in a lot of pain after his operation, and he was in the hospital for 4 weeks. I'm very concerned that his family could lose him.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Praise