Yippee! My own Internet again!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Yippee! My own Internet again!

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:34 pm

It's only Wi Fi, or however that's spelled, but I am so happy to have Internet again! Over 6 months of using a community computer (the only one available) and being restricted on my time (plus the slowness of their computer) made it very frustrating. Now I can be online any time I want and for as long as I want--as long as I can get a signal. I only lost my connection once so far today, but it came right back on without my having to get back on the Internet.

Also, one of the owners asked me a couple of days ago if I would like to buy this RV I'm renting. I said it depends on how much they want for it since it is a 1990 model. I also reminded her that I can only make monthly payments. She said she would talk to her husband and get to me; I haven't heard anything yet. It's in good condition for its age, but it can't be worth a whole lot. The main thing is, though, that I'm not too happy here in this area because of the extreme temps in the desert, 80's and 90's F during the day and 40's at night, and the extreme wind. Also, I am 50 miles away from shopping, banking and churches.

There is one very small church in Jacumba (about 5 miles away), but my car isn't running, and I have no money to get it fixed. Also, it isn't insured or registered since I haven't been able to drive it in months. I seriously doubt they would come to a nudist resort to get me. If they did, ot would be with the idea of getting me saved since the common belief is that "Christianity and nudity don't mix."
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Re: Yippee! My own Internet again!

Postby Luc Pascal » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:09 am

Jon-marc,
What an interesting situation you find yourself in! Life sure thows curve balls at times. Wifi is good internet, and I'm sure you'll be happier using it than the community computer.

As far as your housing and transportation questions...It sounds like you are a bit stranded. I would think and pray long and hard before committing to a purchase in that location. It might be hard to unload the RV, if you wanted to move again. Renting is just fine because they have to fix it!

I wouldn't have to pray too long about doing what was needed to get me rolling again in my own car. I don't like being dependent on others to get around. That's just me though.

May the Lord give you guidence and wisdome.

Blessings,

Luc
Luc D. Pascal
The Biblical Naturist Blog
(contributor)
Luc Pascal
Permanent Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:42 am

First of all, Jon-Marc, congratulations on the WiFi. Secondly, doers the RV run? Could it serve as your mode of transportation and can you swap your defunct car at least as a partial trade against the RV? RVs are notorious for low gas mileage but you'd be able to move about with a shelter over your head.

And, do't be too quick to move away again. I have a non-nudist friend who couldn't wait to leave Las Vegas but has been unhappy, in a short span of time, with every place he has relocated to since. He even returned to Las Vegas for awhile for medical treatments, ended up in Cedar City, Utah where he could get better care but is unhappy now with the weather (too cold winters and winds) so he'll move BACK to Mesquite, Nevada, between Las Vegas and Utah, which he left for better condition in Cedar City on or about July 1, just as the temps are cranking up for the summer.

As far as the church, isn't "saving souls" what you expect? Who knows, you might learn there are others who either share your love of nudity or who are interested but just don't know how to approach the subject or fear being "found out" if they should visit a nudist resort. It might serve as an ice-breaker to a wider community.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:15 pm

This is a 5th wheel and can't be driven. "RV" includes any trailer that is camped or lived in--not just ones you drive. The only RV's the owners allow that are over 10-years-old are ones they own, or ones that are on a lot. I thought I was going to buy one that was in storage, but because of it being over 10-years-old the owners won't let it be put into the resort. If anyone buys it, they have to move it out.

Yes, churches should be in the business of winning souls to Christ, but He already has saved mine. I don't need any church to rescue me from a life of sin just because I live in a nudist resort, and I have no doubt that would be the thought if any church allowed me in knowing I live in a nudist resort. One pastor told me I could come there but couldn't participate in anything. Another pastor told me that they didn't want a nudist representing their church, and that God wouldn't be pleased with it anyway. So, I've found that the two things most churches (Baptist anyway) want no part of is divorced men and nudists.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:07 pm

I agree that most Baptists churches wouldn't want a nudist representing them, but the divorce issue is only a problem if a man is seeking ordination as a pastor or deacon. Most Baptists I am familiar with would let a divorced man teach, pray, go on mission trips, sing etc.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks for the clarification Jon-Marc. Sorry, i din't cosider the RV could be a 5th-wheeler, definitely requiring you keep some means of transportation.

On the church issue, I don't know what more I can say. Personally, i'm not religious though I grew up in Methodist/Baptist environments, along with some Holiness Church attendance too. I understand what you're saying about their efforts to "save" you. And, unless pretty progressive in their thinking I'm sure just about any church would condemn nudism as sinful. Best wishes with whatever you decide to do.

Have you considered trying to start a church at the resort? Some resorts, I've read, have regular church services where members are free to worship nude, if they choose. It seems like it'd be ideal for you since you'd be among other likeminded people.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:55 pm

At two different Baptist churches where I was the song leader, the deacons wanted me removed from that position because of being divorced. The pastor stood up for me and refused to do that.

Another person wanted to start a ministry here, but that didn't happen since people weren't interested. Also the owners were against it. They said, "That's not why people come here."

Anyway, I'm a singer and not a teacher or preacher. I could lead the singing but that's all.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:18 pm

JM,

What's going on with Sam and the girls and with Vic and Jane and their daughter? Between the three (or six) of you, you could hold some services right there in your own community, maybe in your own trailers etc. The owners of the resort don't need to even be involved.

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." (Mt 18:20)
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:09 am

Vic is not in good health and has been in the hospital for over two weeks following an operation; I'm not sure for what. I've seen very little of Sam since I've been here, although I've seen more of him in the last few days than I did in the 6 months previous to that since he's been working on my computer and has gotten me online and downloaded a great computer cleaning program that is free and does a remarkable job of removing harmful things from the computer. He's also my transportation while Vic is incapacitated. Neither Sam or Vic ever mentioned having our own services--except for one time Vic mentioned trying to get a few people together, but that's as far as that went. I have found, though, that Vic and I don't agree on all teachings. Of course, it's nothing to do with salvation issues and, therefore, not that important.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:49 am

There's an old saying that goes, "Whenever two people get together, there will likely be three opinions."

Just focus on the essentials and on the areas where you agree. Then spend time praying and worshipping together. You might even try to do some Bible study together and then, perhaps, over time, you will be able to see things better through each other's eyes.

"In essentials, unity; non-essentials, liberty; and in all things, charity" Augustine (354-430 AD).
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Worship in Praise