If only---

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

If only---

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:44 pm

---I had called the Baptist church in Jacumba last December when I moved here; I could have had a church to go to all this time. My past experiences with judgmental and condemning Baptists kept me from doing that. However, I got a ride to town and visited the only Baptist church there and was very pleasantly surprised to learn that the pastor delivers propane to this resort. No one there seems to have a problem with me living in a nudist resort or picking me up or bringing me home! Praise God! I will be singing "How Great Thou Art" next Sunday as a solo.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Re: If only---

Postby TheBartman47 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:23 am

This is excellent news!
TheBartman47
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:52 am

Great news!
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:34 pm

JM,

The is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL news!!!

Have you already spoken to them about singing in the choir?

Have you told anybody else there at the resort? Perhaps there are others, maybe even Sam and the girls, even though they would probably prefer something a little more charismatic.

Congratulations!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:20 pm

natman wrote:JM,

The is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL news!!!

Have you already spoken to them about singing in the choir?

Have you told anybody else there at the resort? Perhaps there are others, maybe even Sam and the girls, even though they would probably prefer something a little more charismatic.

Congratulations!

Sam occasionally goes to the Methodist church there. He doesn't go often enough for me to ride with him, although he did take me once; that's when I talked with the pastor about where I live and my need of a ride every Sunday.

The church is VERY small and only has a few people and no choir. I will be singing a solo (How Great Thou Art) next Sunday. It's the only Baptist church near me. Size doesn't matter as long as I have a Bible-preaching and teaching church to go to and use the talent God gave me.

Tracts and a notice on the bulletin board were left here so that people know about the church. If anyone wanted to go there, they could find out about it like I did--online. They're working on a Web site.

Also, I ordered a refurbished computer online for $85 plus shipping cost and will back on my own computer in the near future. My old one died for the second and last time, and I didn't want to bother with the expense of getting it repaired--assuming it could be repaired.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:35 pm

From another post you made elsewhere, it sounds like the resort is not too friendly to the Gospel.

What do you think of carrying tracts with you whenever you are out and about in order to drum up interest for your little Baptist church. Who know, you may singly be responsible for packing the House out and getting the Gospel to a lost and needy group.

Perhaps the resort is concerned that if people get the Gospel, they will repent of wanting to be naturists or nudists and leave the resort. Imagine what would happen if they themselves came to find out that there is a church that will not tell them that nudity is a sin and that they too can live a life for Christ, even in a nudist resort.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:30 pm

The owners have made it quite obvious that tracts are not welcome here either. Ones left by the pastor were throw out, and he was told not to leave any more. What this resort needs is new owners who love the Lord. Just think, we could have church services here at the resort.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:28 am

just googled Jacumba CA. Wow, you are right on the Mexican Border there. Love San Diego tho, Wish i could get the family out there for a trip sometime.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:33 am

Jon-Marc wrote:The owners have made it quite obvious that tracts are not welcome here either. Ones left by the pastor were throw out, and he was told not to leave any more. What this resort needs is new owners who love the Lord. Just think, we could have church services here at the resort.

Have you ever talked to the owners about their attitude toward Christianity and Christians? Perhaps you could open up a conversation with them. There may be some underlying reason why they do not want tracts in the resort. Perhaps some "Bible thumping" supposed Christian beat them over their heads with the word, declaring that even simple nudity is a sin and that they are all going to Hell. If that is the case, uou, Sam and Vic all have the resources to set them straight on their thinking and to show them that of all of the religions out there, Christianity is probably the one that is most favorable to simple, practical nudity.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:37 am

natman wrote:Have you ever talked to the owners about their attitude toward Christianity and Christians? Perhaps you could open up a conversation with them. There may be some underlying reason why they do not want tracts in the resort. Perhaps some "Bible thumping" supposed Christian beat them over their heads with the word, declaring that even simple nudity is a sin and that they are all going to Hell. If that is the case, uou, Sam and Vic all have the resources to set them straight on their thinking and to show them that of all of the religions out there, Christianity is probably the one that is most favorable to simple, practical nudity.

When I was a teenager, I was at work and some guy tried to give me a religious tract. I was trying to mop floors and clean the glass and keep my boss off my back and this guy was trying to make nice and engage me in conversation on personal topics.
I took the tract because he kept trying to push it on me and then I told him that I needed to get back to work. (I was not lying). I never had the chance to get in a word edge-wise to tell him that I was already saved.

Sometimes Christians are so well-intended, but so useless to the Lord.

As for the owners of this nudist resort, maybe Nathan's got a good point. Perhaps they need to meet a better sort of Christian than the ones they have met in the past.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:48 am

When people try to hand me tracts, I usually take them and take some time to engage them if for no other reason than to encourage them to continue their work. Sometimes, what they are distributing is from another denomination, sect or cult. I accept their materials and try to engage them so that I may learn something I may not know about their points of view and so that they may encounter someone who cares about them as well.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:46 pm

In the job I had, I was told to be polite, but under strict orders not to stop working.

This guy was trying to launch into a discussion about religion by repeatedly insisting that I could not be happy in my job as a custodian. I guess he thought if he could convince me that my job was "terrible" that this would somehow lead into a conversation about finding spiritual solace.

He was very mistaken. I was thrilled to have a job and took pride in my work.
I had friends at work and some of them were Christian. The Christian fellowship with them on my break times was a real inspiration to me.
I saw my job as where God wanted me for that point in my life.
I was pleased that by doing my job, I made my work place clean and healthy for others and for the glory of God. I had not even finished high school and had only done custodial work the year prior on a part time basis. Otherwise I had no other job experience and no formal education.

I hoped that I would get more education and someday take a job with more responsibility, but I did not have the time to explain all that. I was just a teenager under a lot of pressure to buckle down and work hard and I didn't mind that. I did mind this guy who kept trying to start a conversation while I was just trying to do what my employer wanted.

This guy seemed nervous and uncomfortable as he was trying to get me to talk beyond a polite brief response.

I guess a lot of people think that this sort of thing is doing God's will.
I felt sorry for him for thinking that he had to do this, but I wasn't real articulate at that age. All I knew to do was thank him for the tract and turn back to mopping the floor. He finally took a hint and went away.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Hopefully, he learned from his experience and learned not to "badger" those whom he is witnessing to.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Some Christians can be obnoxious and overbearing in their manner. They can be very offensive in what they say and how they say it--despite meaning well. I am one who has a bad habit of either saying the wrong thing, or saying the right thing the wrong way. Also, I am not a very bold person in speaking to people and keep mostly to myself; both Vic and Sam can tell you that. I'm not anti-social; I'm just a loner who never learned any social skills while growing up.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby TheBartman47 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 am

Anyone who says custodial work is unimportant... try seeing what any place would look like after 1 week of no custodians... then imagine 1 month... or longer...
TheBartman47
Native Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Praise