If only---

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: If only---

Postby Larryk1052 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:32 pm

jon-marc, how about an update on the church you started going to.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Re: If only---

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:35 am

Back on Nov. 14th Jon-Marc wrote:[ I will be singing a solo (How Great Thou Art) next Sunday.

Jon-Marc,
I don't know if you posted about this elsewhere but I was wondering how the song went. I gather it has been some time since you have had a chance to sing in Church like that, and I suppose it could be like riding a bicycle or it could be that you have gotten a bit rusty at it. Frankly I can't carry a tune in a bucket and if I try singing in a group I get off key and can't tell. The choir director said I tended to get off by a fifth (musical kind not the man made spirits kind :?) particularly when someone singing another part was on one particular side of me. I apparently have two ears that work differently, so I had to be put between two others singing the same part to try to correct the problem.

I must say that one of the most beautiful religious music solos I ever heard was when the music director at a large convention had his father sing a solo, (the whole family was musically talented). The man was well up in years, looked a little feeble, but when he sang, he had a kind of mature voice that only comes on in old age. But he sang beautifully and uniquely. I got it on tape, and I have long since worn the tape out. The experience brings to mind the scripture:
Prov 16:31 The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.
But this it wasn't the hoary head so much as it was the mature voice.

In any case, I hope the delivery went well for you but I was curious to find out, since I know you have expressed strong comittment to making that kind of service to the congregation.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Praise