You're support has been amazing!!!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

You're support has been amazing!!!

Postby satexsun » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:13 am

Villagers,

Since last spring, my wife has been going through a couple of surgeries, chemo, and radiation treatments for breast cancer. The surgery in April removed all signs of the tumor, but becuase of the type, she required eight chemo treatments and abaout seven weeks of radiation.

Last Thursday the chemo port was removed and today she had the last radiation session!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you one and all for yoru prayers and thoughts that have been sent along. I have to confess that I have not been as regular as I intended to follow up on prayer requests from this site and one other, but I will make a much better effort in 2012.

Between knee replacement and the breast cancer with Jan and losing my dad and younger brother within the last year, this has been a long year. We're hangin' tough!!! Joined our new church last Sunday and are now permanent members (can't use the visitor's parking spots any longer).

Thanks again, you have all been great.

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Re: You're support has been amazing!!!

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 am

Larry I've already told you on Naturist Christians how happy I was to read the good news about Jan's recovery. You both have had a tough year and you have absolutely nothing to apologize for regarding your infrequent visits here and elsewhere. But, I do look forward to reading more from you in the coming year.

A very Merry Chritsmas and Happy New Year to you, Jan, and all on this site.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby satexsun » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:06 am

Jim,

Thanks again, from the Village as well as NC.

Merry Christmas, once again,
Larry
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:07 am

This is GREAT news, especially about your wife completing her treatments but also that you have found and joined a new church. We pray that you have found a wonderful church home and that you will be surrounded by loving and caring Christians who can minister to you and whom you can minister to as well.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby satexsun » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:54 pm

Natman,

Yeah, this one is a keeper. We have been searching for a church since we left Texas eight or nine years ago. We had just found one in So. Carolina that was a good match for our talents and thier needs and we were snatched up and sent to Georgia.

Seasons blessings to you and yours from me and mine.

Larry
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Good to hear about the medical problems and joining the new church. Hope all is going well for Christmas.

Want to thank you for all the work here. Ran a large message board myself and know the ins and outs well. But it is very nice to be able to duscuss Christianity and naturism with grown ups. Great work you do here.
Last edited by nuudman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Good to hear Jan is recovering nicely and pray you and family have a blessed Christmas.
God Bless.

True joy is a serious thing

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Satexsun
Go read the article at https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Holmes_and_Rahe_stress_scale and take the test. But not for the purpose of letting the results get you down. But rather for the purpose of understanding each other's situation. Although it appears you have been doing pretty well at that to be so positive as you are now. It may also help you to look forward to avoid, any unnecessary entanglement with any of the other things on the list.

Satan loves to kick us when we are down, and what you have been through would have broken many lesser people. But you have a support system, and an outlook that that Holmes and Rahe may not have been able to properly account for. :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise