Praise for Sale!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Praise for Sale!

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:29 pm

This is a two-part praise.

(1) I have a buyer for my car since I've had to give up driving due to eyesight problems because of diabetes and age. I lost my car title and have sent for a new one; I hope I sent the request to the right place. When I get the title, I should be getting rid of the car.

(2) My next door neighbor wants to switch RV sites (not RV's) and pay me $2,000 for the patio slab and metal roof that covers it. With that money I should be able to pay 12 months of payments on the RV I'm buying from the resort. That will leave me with only 7 more payments, which I would have paid off on August 1 of this year--12 months earlier than originally figured. I don't like being on a corner anyway and don't need the patio slab since I don't cook outside.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Re: Praise for Sale!

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Wishig you the very best with both the car sale and the lot sale. If I may suggest, Jon-Marc, put the entire amounts toward the RV principle, if the lender will allow, to reduce the amount owed overall. By reducing the principle you'll also be able to reudce the amount of interest you'll owe on the balance, saving you even more money.

If you do so, I suggest you make it clearly understood the full payment is to be appled to the principle, otherwise the lender will likely just reduce your interest by degree as part of your monthly payments. I hope I've made myself clear. My wife and I paid off our home several years early by applying any extra monies sent to the principle as opposed to principle and interest since most of the early payments go primarily to interest to prolong the term of the loan.

Perhaps someone can explain this more clearly than I have done if not clear. Any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Jim, but I've already decided to do that. I have 19 more payments on what I owe the resort, and this will reduce it to 7 or 8 payments. Of, course, I mentioned this in my other post; I said 7 payments, but it might leave 8 to pay.

My car is already at the other site. The guy who came here to move was interested in buying the car. If the woman doesn't get around and take it off my hands soon, I will see about contacting him to come and buy it. Being a tow truck driver, he can haul it out of here with no problem. He had no problem moving it despite the front wheels not turning due to it being stuck in Park, and it is front wheel drive.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Best of luck with it Jon-Marc. It'll certainly lighten your finacial burden to reduce the amount you have left to pay.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Well, what I owe the resort now is down from 19 months to only 9 months left to pay. I will own the RV 10 months earlier than originally thought. The money from selling the car came the same day I needed it to pay for a new toilet. God never promised to make us rich, but He does keep His promise to supply our needs.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise