Christ is Risen!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Christ is Risen!

Postby Petros » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:56 am

What have I to praise more than that?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Christ is Risen!

Postby natman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:09 am

Petros wrote:What have I to praise more than that?

I would say that the fact that in His resurrection, we have the promise that our own sins are forgiven and that we too will be resurrected to incorruptable and imperishable bodies someday, to live with Christ forever and ever. Also, we can praise the fact that Jesus is STILL alive and that He will come again.

Remember that several others had been raised from the dead, some at the hands of Jesus, such as Lazarus, and some at the hands of the Apostles. However, all of those eventually dies. Only Christ remains alive today, seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 am

I think Petros was saying because Christ has risen there is proof of eternal life for believers. "Christ is risen. What have I to praise more than that?" A simple statement of true faith and belief.
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:28 am

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 pm

He is risen indeed! Alleluia, alleluia! :D (Yes, I've been to Catholic and Episcopal Easter services. :) )
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Since Resurrection Day (Easter) and the 66th anniversary of my birth day fell on the same day this year, I suppose that gave me two things to celebrate that day. :biggrin:

Christ's resurrection sealed God's promise of eternal life to all those who believe, repent, and accept Christ as their Saviour. His death was God's promise of salvation, and His resurrection was the guarantee for that promise. Without the resurrection, His death would have been in vain. By Him being resurrected, it shows that the Father acccepted the Son's sacrifice for sin. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise