Go to CNC event if you can

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Go to CNC event if you can

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Why are we praying that you can go someday?
Are there any health problems that keep you from visiting a naturist place?
Are you still nervous about social nudity?
Perhaps it is simply that it is winter and your local resorts and camps are closed for the season.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:35 am

webmeister wrote:hi Ramblin, I am respecting my brides wishes that I do not participate in social nudity. Thank you for asking...

Webmeister, if naturism were what its detractors said it was, I would be against it too.
There is a lot of bad nudity in the world, but I wonder how many people know about good nudity?

In other years, men swam nude at the YMCA. In fact, there was no other way for men to swim there.
Swim suits simply weren't allowed. Many wives of the day were taught that nice girls must never be seen naked. That is a flaw in our culture, but at least these women recognized that their husbands were benefiting from the nudity and the exercise and this was not an opportunity for sin. Good nudity

Skinny dipping has been a rite of passage for boys over the years. My own father grew up in a rural area of the South and told me that in his day, boys did not wear clothes of any sort into the lakes and rivers, even if they were visible to others. For protection, his older brother swam with him of course.
When I was in boy scouts, we dashed off from camp on a hot summer day and swam in the river. It was impromptu and we had no swim suits, so rather than wear soggy clothes all day, we simply left them in the dry sand, including the underpants. Other than a mild scolding for running off, we didn't get into trouble and the nudity harmed no one: good nudity

Adjacent to our community pool is a locker room and shower. We are required to shower nude and dress for the pool. I have never seen improper behavior in the dressing room nor shower. In one case a dad brought his preschool daughter into the locker room to change along with her father. It was a non-event. We all showered, put on our swim trunks and swam in the pool, nothing more. Good nudity.

In our local college, the life drawing class used a live model, sometimes male, sometimes female. The art students needed to learn anatomy and everything was done with the utmost propriety: good nudity.

If you and your wife take a trip to Europe, you will see hundreds of paintings and sculptures of the nude human figure, particularly in Italy. Much of this is church-sanctioned art. The nudity is deliberate, aiming to teach the glory of creation and by implication, the greater glory of the Creator: good nudity.

If you or your wife visit the doctor, at some point, your physician may ask you to undress. This is not done for his/her amusement, but to assess your health and maybe even save your life: good nudity.

I have met Christians who happen to be nudists or naturists. They are some of the most devout and friendly people you could hope to meet. In some meetings, they were wearing clothes, sometimes not. I wonder how many people you two have met who are nudist and simply haven't told you?

When weather or social conditions prevent nudity, the naturist Christian is still the same person, enjoying a comfort about his body that transcends circumstance. But when he or she can, the Christian naturist seeks the fellowship of like-minded individuals and the health benefits of a body exposed to the benefits of fresh air, clean water and moderate sunshine.

Yes, we shall pray for you and your wife.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:11 am

Well said, Ramblinman. Every example refers to very positive images of nudity, something I wish we all could enjoy evermore.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Ramlinman, I can find any fault with anything you have said above. But, if webmister's wife is anything like mine none of that matters. My wife has let me go to a CNC event, knows I model and that I go nude out on our land, but she just feels more comfortable with clothes on and the conformity of it all. Like so many issues the facts and truth don't matter it is how a person feels.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:55 am

Larryk1052 wrote:Ramlinman, I can find any fault with anything you have said above. But, if webmister's wife is anything like mine none of that matters. My wife has let me go to a CNC event, knows I model and that I go nude out on our land, but she just feels more comfortable with clothes on and the conformity of it all. Like so many issues the facts and truth don't matter it is how a person feels.

Larry, I think there is a difference: Your wife lets you follow your conscience and she follows hers.
I never said that your wife or webmeister's wife should violate her conscience.
But when we are told that we are wrong and must stop, then facts do matter.

I met a girl who told me that premarital sex was okay because it felt right.
I do not think we should ignore feelings, but they should take a back seat to faith and truth.

In the case of someone who can never feel comfortable without clothing no matter how hot and humid the weather, no matter how private the setting, that is not a matter of truth versus feelings, but the sad consequence of a bad upbringing when it comes to the body.

I compare it to the psychological barriers we have in many modern zoos. Animals are kept confined, not because they can't escape from their cell, but because zookeepers know the animal's natural fears and design a barrier that work on those fears. It is just as effective as a real barrier.
Such a person's clothes might as well be glued on. (unless they get a lot of help and even then there are no guarantees).
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:20 am

The feelings people act on are in many circumstances barriers errected in their minds and even when told the truth about the barrier they can't or don't want to overcome the precieved barrier or feeling. I agree that when we are presented with truth we should consider it strongly and change, but for some false beliefs are so strong and regularily reinforced they just can't or don't want to change.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 am

I faced that decision two years ago. My ladyfriend said she did not want me at a place where there were other naked people to look at and she did not want other women to see me naked. So, the choice was the lifestyle or the lady. I chose the lady. We married 15 months ago. More recently she has softened a little and we went to a Bed and Breakfast in Calistoga that had a clothing optional pool area. I offered to get us massages and she liked that idea and did not protest the massage room being inside the pool fence, getting naked for the massage itself, or the fact that the massage technician was a nude male. After that she still would not go nude in the hot tub when we were alone (some one may come).
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:05 pm

webmeister wrote:Didn't really mean for this to get to be such an in-depth writing:

Wow Ramblin I can see you sure feel strongly about the aspects of social nudity, appears it is a very important part of of your life. However, many times there are more important things in this world than not "ignoring our feelings" and not taking a "back seat to faith and truth". One's feelings and one's faith and truth may be different than our own and should be respected.

Webmeister, I would like to clarify my comments so we are not talking past one another.
Rather than merely advocating something as specific as social nudity, I was trying to make the broader case for good nudity. For most of us, going to resorts (social nudity) is a tiny fraction (if any) of our time.
And yes, it is a matter of life and death. When you consider anorexia, bulimia and obesity, diseases of body image and self-empowerment, people have died from these conditions. Perverse obsession with hidden nudity has ruined the lives of many boys (and maybe some girls). Fear of being seen nude has caused people to avoid seeing a dermatologist or other physician, possibly leading to early death.
Warped embarrassment with nudity has hurt marriages. False doctrine in churches about good nudity has led to rejection of our bodies, God's own creation that he called "good" and we have called dirty and evil.

If you have time, geographic proximity and money to visit a resort, I highly recommend it, but to be honest, it is not within reach for many folks, so we all do the best we can.

Webmeister, since you mention respecting differences, I will not back down from my assertion that we who are naturist have as much right to our beliefs as those who tell us we are sinful and selfish for wanting to enjoy living in the manner that God intended. If this does not apply to your situation at home, then that is good.
Last edited by Ramblinman on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:09 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:I faced that decision two years ago. My ladyfriend said she did not want me at a place where there were other naked people to look at and she did not want other women to see me naked. So, the choice was the lifestyle or the lady. I chose the lady. We married 15 months ago. More recently she has softened a little and we went to a Bed and Breakfast in Calistoga that had a clothing optional pool area. I offered to get us massages and she liked that idea and did not protest the massage room being inside the pool fence, getting naked for the massage itself, or the fact that the massage technician was a nude male. After that she still would not go nude in the hot tub when we were alone (some one may come).

I am glad that your wife has learned and grown since the day that she said such harsh things.
In most cases, we should not marry someone who disagrees so sharply with our beliefs, and refuses to even let us live according to our own conscience.

Glad it worked out better than expected. God was with you.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:48 pm

She is worth it in every way. My next attempt will be the AANR Skinny Dip Day in July.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise