Funny how things come up

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Funny how things come up

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:04 am

This morning, picking up an item from a local shop, I get into a conversation about wiring, cases where an unexpected fault lurks awaiting a chance to zap you. He had a couple stories, I had a couple stories. Cute coincidence, because -
This evening I am working minding my own business when Herself calls me to see what gives with an outlet and ceiling light that have suddenly stopped working. So I look, I open it up. In the process, I note that a plug in another outlet - the one that feeds the dead units - is warm when it ought not to be.

Making an all too long story short [pun intended, though it is getting tired], I opened it up. Found a wire with insulation burned away, found an outlet with definite signs of heat damage.

So - while I will not say I ENJOYED the time and energy involved, I am tonight very grateful, and add this to my list of lurking faults timely revealed. It was a nuisance to put in time on wiring, it will be a nuisance getting an electrician in - but nothing like the nuisance of standing outside watching them put out the fire!

A very timely warning.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Funny how things come up

Postby ezduzit » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:54 am

Petros wrote:This morning, picking up an item from a local shop, I get into a conversation about wiring, cases where an unexpected fault lurks awaiting a chance to zap you. He had a couple stories, I had a couple stories. Cute coincidence, because -
This evening I am working minding my own business when Herself calls me to see what gives with an outlet and ceiling light that have suddenly stopped working. So I look, I open it up. In the process, I note that a plug in another outlet - the one that feeds the dead units - is warm when it ought not to be.

Making an all too long story short [pun intended, though it is getting tired], I opened it up. Found a wire with insulation burned away, found an outlet with definite signs of heat damage.

So - while I will not say I ENJOYED the time and energy involved, I am tonight very grateful, and add this to my list of lurking faults timely revealed. It was a nuisance to put in time on wiring, it will be a nuisance getting an electrician in - but nothing like the nuisance of standing outside watching them put out the fire!

A very timely warning.

Much to be thankful for !
Ez
ezduzit

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Twenty + year oldwiring, sitting in a rather tight metal box. Add bugs, possibly some vibration. The hot side feeding the downstream was clearly heat damaged, a lot of insulation off the wire.

In the past that outlet has been little used - maybe a vaccuum run once a week. But in the hot parts this summer it has been poswering a fairly large fan.

Shorted out the downstream, and when I investigatred the fan plug was noticeably warm.

When I revive it, going to put a layer of tape to make sure it doesn't contact the box.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Moments like this make me feel very loved by my Lord and God Jesus. I know I don't deserve blessings but He gives them anyway.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise