Truly he is good

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Truly he is good

Postby Petros » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Tonight Herself and I returned, freeing the Canine Companion from his friendly and indulgent caretakers [he is sulking, but will forgive is in a few days]. Our visit to Number 1 Son did not accomplish QUITE what we had hoped - his will be done - but we DID have a good visit which brought to light muich that is encouraging about his status.

We had a good and quick trip home, missing out on floods that shut the highway after we passed, with good lodging and a good eatery at our intermediate stop, with other signs ot divine attention and blessing I shall not here enumerate.

We are back, tired but healthy, with a lot to process and recover from, and at my normal times I even get to let my hide breathe.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Truly he is good

Postby jochanaan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Floods? Did you go through Colorado? We have been literally inundated here in the last few days...
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:25 pm

Doch gewiss - visiting Number 1 Son not too damp but as high and dry as we would like in Fort Collins.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:01 am

Petros wrote:Doch gewiss - visiting Number 1 Son not too damp but as high and dry as we would like in Fort Collins.

That's good to hear! There are a couple of good breweries in Ft. Collins if you are so inclined. :)
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:30 am

Never acquired the taste meself, but Herself and Number 1 Son have to a degree explored them.

You can actually get Fort Collins brew here in the Upper Midwest.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Petros wrote:Never acquired the taste meself, but Herself and Number 1 Son have to a degree explored them.

You can actually get Fort Collins brew here in the Upper Midwest.
Including the very appropriate (for us) Skinny Dip? :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Don't think I have seen that one here - might be in the fancier places. Looked it up - seems like it might be in Herself's preferred range - light colored and hoppy.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:16 pm

Petros wrote:Don't think I have seen that one here - might be in the fancier places. Looked it up - seems like it might be in Herself's preferred range - light colored and hoppy.
I've tasted it; it seems a robust brew despite its light color, very similar to Fat Tire (which I'm sure you've seen and probably tasted). 8)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Fat Tire we got here, and them what do beer have experienced it.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise