Housing resolved

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Housing resolved

Postby Petros » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:04 am

After the grand house fiasco - the deal fell apart after a long and valiant attempt, blessed be the name of the Lord - Number 1 Son had to move out of his former lodgings into a rather sleazy and less than comfortable motel - that has been a month or so as he has tried to find something reasonable.

As of last yesterday, he found it, all wwas arranged, he moved thids moprning and is now ensconced and comfortable. He has a decent space, a bit out of his headquarters town which will not hurt, rening at a VERY low figure from a member of his group [nice guy, we met him] and his wife. Pretty ideal - he has space, not too urban, and can talk shop of rehearse without stepping out the door, AND save money.

So we are all very grateful. Worth the wait, I feel.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Housing resolved

Postby bn2bnude » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:32 am

Sometimes the wait is well worth it.

It is, however, distressing when things don't work out the way you want.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:47 pm

"rather sleazy and less than comfortable motel"? Sounds like any number of places on Colfax Avenue in Denver, "the longest and wickedest street in America"! :shock: :?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:48 am

There are exceptions, but in general in my experience motels that regularly rent by theweek or month are not going to get 5 stars in any guidebook. I know of one exception south of Madison, where a friernd lodged fairly clean and comfortable one summer

To be fair, the room was not that bad, actually very similar to one I stayed in a couple weeks while researching family in Maryland. But then, that was 1986 - and this has had a few more years to slide downhill.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise