God is so good!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

God is so good!

Postby boondon » Wed May 31, 2006 9:42 am

God is so good and gracious! He extends His mercy to us continuously! Great is His Name!
I have a new "mission" field! God answered our prayers to provide a job for me. My pastor prayed for God to supply a place where I might be able to minister to those without Christ and God now has provided such a place! I am being offered the job to be a test technician at a manufacturer that has about 150 employees. I hope that I might be worthy of the mission. Jehovah Jireh! thank you, LORD! Amen and amen!
May God's blessings follow you all,
Don
God has created you naked and called you "Very Good!"
boondon
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed May 31, 2006 11:01 am

That is wonderful Don!!!

What type of testing will you be doing? I ran an electronic design, manufacture and test facility for almost 25 years before I became an Information Technology Manager. It can be fun and challenging, particularly as new technologies are added and old technology fades out.

Perhaps, after you get settled in you can start up a prayer group. With that many people, there's bound to be some other Christians you can join up with.

Just remember... "Witness, witness, witness. And if you absolutely must, then speak."

________________The Power of Prayer
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

That's so cool-Don!

Postby Crafty Mom » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:54 am

Sounds like it didn't take too long to get an answer to your prayers!

Maybe we should pray that thru your example(s) of GOD's Love & kindness towards everyone, that most if not all will be very receptive to GOD's Word & Plans for them!
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Coordinator of Women's & Teen's Forums
Crafty Mom
Women's and Teens' Coordinator

Postby LivingFree » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Gracious and loving Father,

We offer our thanks for your blessing in Don's life, in bringing this opportunity for work and witness to him. Now we pray that you will fill his spirit with joy and grace and peace, help him to do good work, and to live a life full of love and witness to your presence in his life. Open opportunities for the spoken word also, as people ask him "the reason for" the joy and peace in his life. Also, bless him during the rest of this week as he prepares for that job.
LivingFree

Postby boondon » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:36 pm

I want to thank everyone for their patience with me through these last six months or more. The job is going quite well. Keeping me quite busy. Life at home is not too bad, but time seems to be very precious sometimes. I have plenty to write about what all that has happened this year, but I did want all to know that I haven't disappeared into electronic neverland never to be heard from again. I thought I would make time to post a quick one to let you know that I haven't forgotten about any of you or the site. I also do an art and craft festival thing with rocks, minerals and fossils since as you might recall I am a geologist by education. When people ask me if I made it, I tell them the God did and I just added a few touches. That usually brings a smile. I have to figure something else to say about about how old the fossils are.... :wink:
wish I could spend a little more time here, but I suppose that will come. I hope all are having a happy holidays between Tahnksgiving and Christmas!
Blessings to all,
Boondon, Don
boondon
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:25 pm

HE'S BA-A-ACK!! :mrgreen:

Good to hear from you, Don, and I'm glad things are going so well. So are you dating your rocks by "creationist" or "evolutionist" methods? :?:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:31 am

jochanaan wrote:HE'S BA-A-ACK!! :mrgreen:

Good to hear from you, Don, and I'm glad things are going so well. So are you dating your rocks by "creationist" or "evolutionist" methods? :?:

Or how about just staying with the geological record? Remember, the first is a religious view, and the second is a non-religious guess. Just count the "rings in the trees."
LivingFree

Postby jochanaan » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:05 pm

LivingFree wrote:Or how about just staying with the geological record? Remember, the first is a religious view, and the second is a non-religious guess. Just count the "rings in the trees."

Do rocks have rings? :?:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby MatthewNeal » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:21 pm

jochanaan wrote:Do rocks have rings? :?:

If you tap them just right, they'll ring for about a second and a half!

Matt
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:16 am

jochanaan wrote:
LivingFree wrote:Or how about just staying with the geological record? Remember, the first is a religious view, and the second is a non-religious guess. Just count the "rings in the trees."

Do rocks have rings? :?:

If not, they would have some sort of sedimentation / creation history embedded within, wouldn't they? :) :shock:
LivingFree

Postby boondon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:28 pm

Well, let's see.... first off, there is indeed a rock that when struck with one's rock hammer does have a unique ring to it, or maybe thud, and it is called PHONOLITE. Look it up. It's a volcanic rock type. second, when dealing with the public or when I used to do geology work, I had to speak their language as far the ages of the rock if I needed to. I personally, however, believe that our Earth is probably no more than ten or twenty thousand years old. (Yes, I am a "Young Earth" person.) I will be teaching, in fact, an adult sunday school class starting in a couple of weeks on Genesis, science and the Bible, and Noah's flood. So I will be remaining busy for some time to come.
So to sum it up, I find it quite easy to praise our great God and Savior for all the work He has done in our RECENT past!!!:-)
Don
boondon
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:40 am

Hey Don,

I am with you on this one, at least as far as the geological strata are concerned.

It is unusual to find geologists that have graduated from any university in the last fifty or so years that acknowledge that thearth may not be millions or billions of years old. However, you are among several that I know. Living in Houston, the oil capital of the world, we have our fair share of geologists. Probably one in ten professionals here are either geologists or petrochemical engineers.

I believe that the geological strata demonstrates evidence of a global flood which would have destroyed the vast majority of plant and animal life at the time, depositing their remains in varying levels of sediment, based on their density. This is also supported by the presencs of trans-strata fossils and accordianed strata which could only occur with the horizontal compression of soft sedementary deposits.

What say yee?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:42 pm

natman wrote:...What say yee?

Well, I'm at least willing to admit it's possible that human scientists can make mistakes. :?
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Neal » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:41 pm

boondon wrote: I will be teaching, in fact, an adult sunday school class starting in a couple of weeks on Genesis, science and the Bible, and Noah's flood. So I will be remaining busy for some time to come.
Don

Don,

Is there any chance that you could post your notes or outlines out here somewhere that we could read them? I, for one, would be very interested in reading them and I'm probably not the only one.

Also, glad to hear your work is going well. Congrats on that. Yes, God is good. God is VERY good.

Thanks.

Neal
Neal
Native Resident

Postby boondon » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:28 pm

That is a thought. I might just do that. Posting the notes for my lessons would enable others to see some of the thinking on both sides and trigger a lot of discussion.
There are a few of us geo's around that do not believe the evolution theory/ old age of the Earth. The ironic thing about the fossil record is that it speaks of a disaster all by itself as rapid sedimentation is required to bury all those creatures so quickly as to preserve them! Food for thought......
Don
boondon
Native Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Praise