One for the books

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

One for the books

Postby Petros » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:40 am

Essential background : I normally arise at 7:00 +/- 30 minutes. Herself normally arises between 10 and 11. We had dedicated this weekend to prayer for some special word from the Spirit. We do not - particularly I do not - normally do spontaneous unplanned.

That is the setup.

So at 6:30 - after what was a rather sleepless night for both of us - Herself says to me, we should go to X - naming a church we used to visit occasionally, last visit 20 or so years ago. Quick research. Their meeting is at 10:30. It is a two hour road trip. About 8:00, against all odds, Herself, the Canine Companion and I bundle into the car and set out through chill blustery rain.

We arrive, enter. I claim seats. Ms Ruby, one of the leadership, sees me - I know you - come over. Yes, she knows who we are, though she had to be reminded of names. But, since I did not recognize her at all - pretty good.

Good meeting. Very clear divine presence, as strong as ever though the church is a lot smaller now. Much of what was said directly to Herself's address - sermon based on scripture she was reading last night, for example.

Very good, well worth it [though hard]. Confirming a lot od other messages, including when God wants us to move he gets us moving.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: One for the books

Postby bn2bnude » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 am

We attended a church in Fort Collins virtually yesterday as a family. Quite different. They even greeted those on the internet as part of their congregation.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:44 pm

That's good! God's Church is still doing what it does best, being the Family of God, and it seems to be starting to think outside the "building block." :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Postrcript -

we had passed the report of our churchward jaunt to Nice Niece Liesl, of course. So we heard back - in church Sunday morning, NNL found herself asking that we would be given a shot at a satisfying physically present worship service. She heard back the message, "That's already taken care of". At which time we were either in the midle of the service or walking in the door [exAct time not specified]/
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise