A Thousand Hills

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

A Thousand Hills

Postby Petros » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:22 pm

[Dallas Seminary reference]

Herself's niece Lorraine - the impulsive but sane one - has for a few years been running her own dream business, life long ambition. Really good, but not really business headed. Overstressed, 50k in debt. Talks to her accountant. "You need the debt paid off and capital for 3-4 months, this could be tuyrned around." Like that is going to happen

So [Herself heard this today] she prays, God, please fix this, pay the debt, find me the capital, make it work. She gets a call from a millionaire she happens to know [why don't WE know any millionaires?]. He asks how's tricks, she tells him the situation. He knows here, knows what she can do.

He says, fine, I will pay off the debt, bankroll the operation, set you up as a franchise chain, make it work, we split the proceeds 50/50.
And there it is. She is, believe me, leapingf and praising God.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: A Thousand Hills

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:07 pm

I think it would be very important to read the contract.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:17 am

Good luck with that. I did say that [though sane] she is impulsive; I would bet 60 cents [not much of a gambler is Petros] she has verbally committed already. Still, she is sane and might even check with a lawyer, given she consulted an accountant.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:39 pm

1) If God is answering her prayer then He is completely capable of dealing with the details.
2) If the arrangements were made on purely human terms - it sounds as if she did not have much to lose at this point, except stress and worries.
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:28 am

True on both points. Who steals my purse steals trash. Who steals my purse with a bill for $50k in it - does me a favor.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:27 pm

Petros wrote:.... Who steals my purse steals trash. .....
I have heard this said of some women't purses :roll: :lol: Quick someone tell me when I need to duck! :shock:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:27 am

"SOME" women - no doubt. Herself's purse - and truth be told the purse of every woman to whose purse I have had access - is in good condition and better organized than my purse or any of my various pockets, backpacks, or sacks over time.

Long long ago, when we visited my mother's family, HER grandmother amused us young with her collection of old handbags - all in good condition and great fun to explore.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise