Double Dose

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Double Dose

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:16 am

Cause for praise enough here.

A. Despite a fresh panic attack a few days before, Aram made it to the meeting halfway across the country. As it happened, he had to carry most of the reportage of his team - and handled it well. The overseas venture looks more and more feasible.

B. A week ago, I set up to have a sizeable check cut from Number 1 Son's savings, to handle serious foreseen needs. When I called to set it up, I was told it woulds go to a long dead address of his - a recent address change had not filtered down to the computer yet. Told them NOT to send it, I was advised to retry in a couple days.

In time I called - and was told the check was drawn and sent out - to the dead address tto which none of us have access. They said, it will likely just be sent back and we can do it then.

Rather perturbed, I determined to call again Monday to check the status. BUT - today the check arrived, sent to the RIGHT address. So - the computers are not very competent, the first guy I spoke to was competent, and God fixed a big worry that might have become a big pain.

God is good.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Double Dose

Postby jochanaan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:20 am

...All The Time! :D (We are well-conditioned, aren't we? :lol: )
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:27 am

Petros wrote:So - the computers are not very competent, the first guy I spoke to was competent, and God fixed a big worry that might have become a big pain.

When computers mess up, there's usually a human being somewhere in the soup. It's the GIGO affect (Garbage In - Garbage Out).

Petros wrote:God is good.

:like:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:17 am

True - but the garbage throughput may be as in this case salvaged by a competent person at the desk.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise