Nice when it turns out thus.

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Nice when it turns out thus.

Postby Petros » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:30 am

Nice Niece Liesl has a friend we will call Royce, raising a daughter - 10 or so - we will call Joyce after the mother moved on. Divorced, now living with a gent whom Joyce on visitations finds somehow disturbing [we have no details]. Royce started a legal move to get more complete custody - and a judge shifted Joyce to the mother with Royce havinf minimal daughter time privileges, on the grounds that Royce is "too fanatical a Christian."

Disconcerting. Pain. Lots of prayer from family and friends. And just now we learn that a little trumpeted law gives Royce the privilege, since he started the proceedings, to withdraw the case and set it back as it was, the slammed door as if it never had been.

General rejoicing.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Nice when it turns out thus.

Postby nudie66 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:54 am

Dear Lord, send Your favor on Royce to have his daughter back as it was, and we speak safety for Joyce, that nothing will harm her while she is in the mother's new home with the other man. Thank you Jesus!

Amen.......
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Don't most judges regard women as the natural and best caregivers for children following a divorce, barring any extreme character flaws?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm

So I hear. And I know of some decidedly flawed female characters.

If Liesl's account is essentially accurate, there were here such flaws, and I hear the Christianity was explicitly a factor.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:16 am

Can Royce request a change of venue and start the case again, having withdrawn it from an obviously prejudiced judge? :roll: :?:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:35 am

THAT of course is the question. I suspect he could - but we are talking Pacific NW, where much of the system may look askance at any theist.

Early days, but at least for the present I would lay low.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Petros wrote:a judge shifted Joyce to the mother with Royce havinf minimal daughter time privileges, on the grounds that Royce is "too fanatical a Christian."

Why am I NOT surprised? :?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:01 am

Petros wrote:THAT of course is the question. I suspect he could - but we are talking Pacific NW, where much of the system may look askance at any theist.

Early days, but at least for the present I would lay low.
And he may not have anything to go on other than his daughter's discomfort with this new man in her mother's life, which would be almost impossible to defend in a courtroom. Yeah, it sounds like prayer is the only option right now, unless something more obvious happens.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Worship in Praise