Hot Stuff

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Hot Stuff

Postby Petros » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:04 pm

my brother in law Terry and his family have good reason for grateful praise.

Yesterday it seemed good to him to set his smoker to work, placing it out on their wooden deck. To speed things along, he set up a fan to help the coals - then forgot about it and eventually went to bed.

Some time later, an alert neighbour spotted flamews and called it in. The result being their smoker is not in great shape and there is a two foot hole in the deck, but the house is fine and they are not evenm smoke damaged.

So, many thanks - and a prayer that NEXT time Terry puts down some kind of fireproof footing AND remembers what he has done at bedtime.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Hot Stuff

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Wow, Terry and family should be very thankful for their alert neighbor.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:29 pm

Petros wrote:my brother in law Terry and his family have good reason for grateful praise.

Yesterday it seemed good to him to set his smoker to work, placing it out on their wooden deck. To speed things along, he set up a fan to help the coals - then forgot about it and eventually went to bed.

Some time later, an alert neighbour spotted flamews and called it in. The result being their smoker is not in great shape and there is a two foot hole in the deck, but the house is fine and they are not evenm smoke damaged.

So, many thanks - and a prayer that NEXT time Terry puts down some kind of fireproof footing AND remembers what he has done at bedtime.

God's merciful!
By the way, I would put a hot tub in that new hole in the deck.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Your strip title, Petros, made me think of the old Donna Summer disco hit. However, I don't think a fire on the deck was what she was singing about. :lol:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nakedpreacher » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:54 pm

Everyone's ok the house didn't burn down so the really important question which remains, how'd the meat turn out
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:11 am

That has not yet been reported. I suspect the extinguishing equipment might not have done it any good.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise