And they are off!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

And they are off!

Postby Petros » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:33 am

I shall not, friends, require that you restrain your enthusiasm. We heard last night that the other side have accepted our amendment to the offer that we were told of Friday night by the peoiple who saw the place Thursday evening that we discussed with our realtor yesterday afternoon. They had offered 90% of our price, we suggested 95% would be more appropriate, they agree.

There are a few more steps, but all being as we believe it to be and God willing we will be done here no later than the end of June. Which, as Herself say, gives us the best of the flowering and allows time for Number 1 Son to take possession and for us to start moving impedimenta up there. Once more she and I will be Michiganders, once more for her and for the first time for me we will be Yoopers.

There is a lot of doing and planning, and possible slips twixt mug and mug, but our family and parts of the extended family are very glad and relieved indeed.

God is good.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: And they are off!

Postby Jim » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:49 am

I'm happy for you it seems to finally be working out.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:12 am

Amen! That has been one long chapter I'm sure you're ready to have come to an end. What a relief. :like:
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:13 am

Congratulations Petros. I know Herself and you are finally much more at ease, knowing your long journey will soon be over.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 am

Rejoicing with you (and Herself), Petros!! What good news!!
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:51 am

Shouting for joy for Brother Petros and Herself!
Perhaps even Canine Companion will rejoice in having new squirrels to chase.

To prepare for your journey to this remote peninsula, I offer this Finnish-English Dictionary.
Practice daily and you shall soon be ready to fluently greet the Yoopers in their native tongue.
In this land of stately evergreens and blue lakes, you and Herself can bask in the warmth of your home sauna and then roll naked in the snow or jump into the brisk waters as the seasons change.
So, congratulations! Or perhaps more appropriately in Yoopish, "Onneksi olkoon!" :biggrin:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Hallelujah! Hope everything goes as planned from here.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:06 am

Petros, do you have an actual Canine Companion (from the organization Canine Companions for Independence)?

We have adopted a couple of their flunkies over the years :-).
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:22 am

We have two canine companions [who would be lower case but for my quirks] the small young russet and the large off-white. Neither is more useful than decorative, but companions they are.

Ramblinman, thanks for the thought. I immediately downloaded the etymological dictionary. Finns there be - one of Herself's brothers was rather taken with a Leppiaho girl.

The counter offer has now been accepted - and by June we are history.

The buyers are an FF couple, married - and who dare say otherwise - in 2015, apparently moving in the grandma of the one into the part of the complex that housed Herself's mother. That fact slightly bothers Herself - she consoles herself thinking of how it will impact our disagreeable neighbour.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Petros wrote:The counter offer has now been accepted - and by June we are history.

Hopefully, only in terms of your occupancy of the current estate.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 am

History here of course - over yonder we will be making history. Of course, Herself and her family are already part of the history.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:25 pm

Petros wrote:History here of course - over yonder we will be making history. Of course, Herself and her family are already part of the history.

I dedicate this song to Brother Petros and Herself!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFfb7XvJnsY I Can't Hardly Wait 'til I get there!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:21 pm

That is great news!!! Prayers for safe travels for you both, companions and Cargo. (I never pray for traveling mercies because it sounds to me like a bad gospel quartet)
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 am

(I never pray for traveling mercies because it sounds to me like a bad gospel quartet)

I see them as either a family or female; if sisters, probably averaging 56 in age.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Petros,

June will be a good time to move to the U.P..

Any much later than that and you will likely need a snow plow to move the final stretch. Although the area is BEAUTIFUL(!), the weather is less suitable to wandering au-naturalle. :?

Congratulations on your sale. I hope your move goes smoothly and that you and Herself acclimate quickly.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Next

Return to Worship in Praise