Hoop de do

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Hoop de do

Postby Petros » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:33 pm

Prudence (whoever she may be, I have never known one) advises me not to be too explicit, I trust most will understand.

But this afternoon, I received a certification which I have been working toward for about two and a half solar cycles. Climbing mountains, swimming swollen rivers, boots ... boots ... boots ... boots ... movin' up an' down again — says Kipling.

There will be positive effects of this certificate. But the best, the most thanks God - is I do not need to keep striving for the bloody piece of paper.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Hoop de do

Postby Englishman » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 am

The release that comes after one obtains a sought after qualification is blended thing; joy of achievement & pleasure at not having to study for it anymore. I think it was Solomon who said, "Of the making of many books there is no end & much study wearies the soul."

Congratulations on getting the "... piece of paper"
Last edited by Englishman on Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:55 am

Congratulations, Petros, for the certification. No, I don't understand the need for being so mysterious.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Cvick » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:59 am

Having found the collecting of these ‘bits of paper’ to be frustratingly hoop jumpingly illusively complicated please receive my heartfelt congratulations
Cvick
Resident

Postby naturist » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:15 am

Hey. Congratulations Petros! :like:
naturist
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:48 am

I know from personal experience that jumping through hoops only proves you can jump, it does not prove you know how to land. In our employment environment you need the paper just to get your foot inside the door in order to demonstrate you can do the job.
I have an AA in industrial arts, BS in electrical engineering, and a MS in software engineering. I have worked with Ph.D.'s that do not know which end of a soldering iron to hold onto or have any idea what is behind the keyboard and monitor.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:35 am

Absolutely. The paper says nothing - I was not on the commitee , but I knew a PhD who was - liely is - one of the thickedt skulls I have ever met. I was not on her commitee - wrong field. They waited till the one man with standards in her are a overseas and shoved her through. And I know a good, competent type - strong in the field even if we do disagree on many points - has no PhD.

ASnd I know a departmemnt whose chair was a man who had never been able too get his degree, who was chair because neither of the two sharks who fought over who was to dominate him could have been put in by the department.

I do not object to the certificate, the gatekeeping. I only wonder why it takes so long to pin a badge on someone whose abilities are long known and demonstrated.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:31 am

A further notice - yesterday I was urgently commissioned for my first new job after certificvation.

Very pleasant.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:37 am

Good to share good times with friends Petros - good job reaching a goal!
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:00 pm

Congratulations!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:40 am

Congratulations on your certification recognition can be nice once in a while.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:19 am

Hey Petros, grats on the new certification and a job to boot. Couldnt happen to a nicer guy
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:26 am

Tanks for dem kind words.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jimmy » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi Petros,

Congratulations!!!

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:59 pm

Petros, let me also add my congratulations on the certification and newly commissioned job as well.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Praise