Give Thanks to the Lord!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Give Thanks to the Lord!

Postby MatthewNeal » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:17 pm

Ever have a Thanksgiving where you gathered with your family, scurried around to make the meal, squeezed around crowded table, ate a fabulous meal.... and at the end of the day, you realized that you had hardly expressed any thanks at all?

Some time ago, my brother quit saying "Happy Thanksgiving" to people... He started saying "Have a thankful Thanksgiving!"

In the spirit of having a genuinely thankful Thanksgiving, would you all take a moment and post a few things here in this strip that you are thankful for?

It'll be healthy for all of us!

Thanks! (And I really mean that!!)

Matt
Last edited by MatthewNeal on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Postby MatthewNeal » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:24 pm

I'll go first!

How can I ever express how thankful I am to God for His leading and blessing in my life?

• I am so thankful for my wife, who has embarked with me on a very unlikely journey as we have explored a new attitude about our bodies! ... And she's still smiling!!!
  • I have 4 great kids! God has granted us talents and tenderhearted children that I just love to be around. I'm so proud of them!
  • I have a new ministry and a new home near Chicago. The story of God's provision there is astounding... So obviously His hand leading us!
  • I am thankful for the freedom in my soul that has come as a result of embracing openness in our home.... this is a freedom that was completely non-existent for 30 years!
  • I am redeemed by the blood of Christ, and so I have a reservation in heaven because of what Christ has done for me! Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

Have a very thankful Thanksgiving, everyone!

MatthewNeal
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:33 am

(1) I'm thankful for Jesus and that I'm forgiven.
(2) I'm thankful that I live in the greatest country in the world.
(3) I'm thankful for the freedom I have to worship God openly.
(4) I'm thankful that Christ has freed me from all guilt and shame.
(5) I'm thankful that God has allowed me to live full time in a nudist resort in Florida.
(6) I'm thankful that I'm retired and no longer have to work for a living.
(7) I'm thankful that I have reasonably good health.
(8) I'm thankful that God gave me two daughters and four grandkids to love.
(9) I'm thankful that I have a church where I can have Christian fellowship, sing God's praises, and hear his word.
(10) I'm thankful that I have Websites where I can talk about the things I enjoy most--my Lord and naturism.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby scurtis » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:25 am

I am not sure I could even begin to list what all there is to be thankful for. A start would be God granting me custody (through the courts) of my minor children 30 years ago.. I have had a good life. I can now even be thankful for the hardships of the past 3 years. At first I couldn't do that, but I eventually realized all that I have learned and how I have grown during these trials. Thank You Lord for the good and the bad.
Sam (the 2nd one)

God must have a sense of humor, He made me.
scurtis
Councillor

Postby lwrails » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:20 am

GOD is so good, and I thank Him daily for his continued blessings, despite my failed attempts to serve as I must.

I am thankful each day for His provisional care of our families lives.

The blessings of a loving and caring wife that loves the Lord and has a heart of Gold, blessed from above. For the blessings of two wonderful daughters that engulf our home with chatter, clutter and a consistent source of laughter.

The daily ability to spend time in His word, to learn all that He has for me and the opportunity to meet new friends in Christ from around the globe on the TRUTH of His word.

In October, my oldest sister passed from this earth to enter into the presence of her savior. God has provided wonderful and sufficient Grace through a difficult time. As I spend time going through her worldly possessions, I am reminded of Gods truth for the treasures in Heaven. These are the opportunities we must seek to enjoy, pureness of heart, deep desire for truth and courage to live what is right, though His righteousness.

Through these forums, I have found more insight to His working in my life over the years. Sharing true interaction with like believers who are willing to discuss the truth and not just believe what others may say, but to test what is said against the Word of God. For these and so many more I am ever grateful to our Lord and Savior.

To each of you, I express my thoughts and prayers for a blessed day of Thanksgiving for the provisions and bounty that God has supplied.

In His Sovereign Grace and Service...

Lon W
lwrails
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:39 am

I definitely am thankful for the "standard" things. You know, salvation, home, family and God's provision. I am in no way trying to minimize them at all because those things allow more things I can be thankful for as it is hard to be able to think big if our immediate needs are not met.

I am thankful for a God who is too big to be put into the boxes we try to put him into.

I am thankful that God's spirit is moving to revival throughout the world.

I am thankful that our (Christ Followers) only commandments are Love for God and for those around us.

I am thankful that God called us to worship in an "UNDIGNIFIED" manner.
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby bullet » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:49 am

I'm thankful I sat in traffic for 3 hours driving home from work yesterday afternoon. It gave me plenty of time alone with God and taught me athing or two about patience! :lol:
bullet

Reasons to be thankful

Postby Merwin Van Doornik » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:40 pm

I can say "Amen" to very many of the items already listed, especially for the salvation we have because of Jesus - except that I have 2 sons rather than 2 daughters & I live in a retirement resort in MI (rather than a nudist resort in FL) & I worship in a very traditional (but very Christ centered & biblically based) church, etc!

But, as a retiree, I'm also grateful for opportunities to work (some of which is for pay & most of which is not), to use my gifts (mainly music), & for this new lifestyle as a naturist & for those few folks with whom I've been able to fellowship in person "au naturel" & for others with whom the fellowship/sharing is done via this marvelous invention called "compter". As a widower I'm grateful that my married friends have not abandoned me (as happens too often, I'm told).

And I'm even grateful for winter (I live in MI) because it makes the returning spring even more dramatic & beautiful!
Loving Christ above all; loving people & naturism a close second!
Merwin Van Doornik
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:32 am

I grew up in Battle Creek, MI and lived my last 18 months there in Turtle Lake Resort in Union City, MI before moving to Florida. I couldn't take the cold any more. Although it gets cold here at night in the winter, it's a LOT warmer than in Michigan. I wore sweats today when I went outside the resort but didn't need a coat. I'm very thankful for not having to suffer through that bitter cold any more.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby MatthewNeal » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:37 pm

I appreciate all the people who posted their words of Thanksgiving in this strip.

This concludes our special "Thanksgiving 2006" strip. I have now closed it to any more posts. (you can still post your praise and thankgsiving, though! Just start a new strip in the "Worship in Praise" forum.)

I hope you will look for and participate in other special post events in future!

Matt
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Return to Worship in Praise