A Sinner Saved by Grace!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

A Sinner Saved by Grace!

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:24 am

I just listened to a song on my stereo titled "A Sinner Saved by Grace", and I thought I would share what a blessing it was to me to think that God saves us despite our unworthiness. I can't listen to a song like that without my eyes getting watery. I'm just a sinner saved by grace. One thought that keeps me from getting too proud and thinking too highly of myself is that there is no sin that an unsaved person can commit that I cannot also commit. I still have my sin nature, unfortunately, although I would to God I didn't. If only when He saves us He would remove our sin nature, but spiritual growth is a lifetime process. "I'm not what I should be; I'm not what I'm going to be, but thank God I'm not what I used to be!"
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Re: A Sinner Saved by Grace!

Postby natman » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:05 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:"I'm not what I should be; I'm not what I'm going to be, but thank God I'm not what I used to be!"

That a GREAT quote!!!
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby LivingFree » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:20 pm

I'm sure you're acquainted with the old acronym, God's Riches At Christ's Expense. Truly our Lord paid a great price to bring God's grace into our lives.

Another way of looking at is is that "grace" is the translation of the wonderful Greek word, charis. It is a word that embodies everything nice, kind, loving, sweet, beautiful, lovely, charming, enchanting, and positive in life. Well, that's God for you! He's not simply a God of rules and punishments. The positive, plus side of God is everything good. Praise his wonderful name. :!: :D :D :D
LivingFree

Return to Worship in Praise