The New Year

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The New Year

Postby Merwin Van Doornik » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:20 am

"I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year: 'Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he replied: 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.'" (M. Louise Haskins, d. 1953)

Praying that all readers of this site will hold tight to that Hand in this new year. How good to know that God holds us even tighter than we hold on to Him!

Have a joyful, healthy, new(d) - couldn't resist! - 2007.
Loving Christ above all; loving people & naturism a close second!
Merwin Van Doornik
Native Resident

Postby Strandloper » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:33 am

Hi, Merwin –
a lovely quote to start the new year on. You probably know that it was quoted by King George VI in his Christmas broadcast one year.
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby blue eyes » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:08 am

I'll pray God is with my wife and I as we tread into the unknown this year. We are both looking for new jobs. And thank you for that qoute.
blue eyes
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:20 pm

The great thing is that God is holding my hand instead of me holding His hand. We are not just holding hands. My hand is IN His hand. I would lose my grip, but He will never lose His.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Martin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:34 pm

A beautiful quote, MVD, and one which we should all remember as we begin this new year.

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Martin
Naked and unashamed.
Martin
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:54 pm

Thanks, Merwin! I needed that.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby looking4light » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:28 pm

I've been both "looking for light" and "in the dark" recently. :lol: What a great quote, MVD!! To trust God to show me the light where He will, and to follow Him in blind faith - What a new Year's resolution!! :D

~L4L
looking4light
Native Resident

New Year's Message

Postby Merwin Van Doornik » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:11 pm

Thanks, guys, for the affirmations to the poem I submitted. Yes, I did know that George VI used it in a speech. There is a 2nd stanza to the poem and I've seen it but cannot now locate it. Anyone else know what it is? Or know how to hunt for it? Thanks! And thanks especially to Jon Marc for his reminder that God and me (or you) are not equals with equally strong hands: His are by far the stronger and more reliable!
Loving Christ above all; loving people & naturism a close second!
Merwin Van Doornik
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise