GOD Is Still Blessing Us!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

GOD Is Still Blessing Us!

Postby Crafty Mom » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:04 pm

As many of you know, by reading elsewhere in this village that my husband Desert Hiker had recently lost his job & now has been hired at a new company.

Being a new truck driver to the company he was sure he wouldn't get a load out until at least noon today. Well GOD has other plans.... At about 2:30 am this morning I received a call from DH informing me that he's headed to just North of Denver, Colorado! He has to be there by Midnight January 20th. So our family doesn't expect him back until next Monday or Tuesday.

I don't know all the details yet until I talk to him later tonight. I'll keep y'all posted!

:cross:
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Coordinator of Women's & Teen's Forums
Crafty Mom
Women's and Teens' Coordinator

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Well, thank God he was blessed with another job so quickly. God IS good isn't He? I have prayed for his safe journey.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:49 pm

I think we'll all pray for your protection and provision while Sam is on the road.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:11 pm

Midnight, CM? That's an odd time for a potential gathering of two Christian naturist buddies. :mrgreen:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:03 am

That's wonderful news, CM. I too will be in prayer for his safety, and for opportunities to share Christ.
LivingFree

Postby Crafty Mom » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:34 pm

Thanks everyone for your thoughts & prayers.

I talked to him Sat. the 20th. He'd already delivered his 1st load [Walmart] by noon, picked up his next load within 2hrs., & was still sitting at the terminal in Denver. He was waiting for the snow to stop & the roads to be cleared. This load is going to Kmart in Rapids City, SD by midnight Tues. the 23rd.

He's not sure if there's a delay in receiving his pay tomorrow or not, but he thinks he's made about $400-$500 before taxes. If it's not in our bank account Tues. then it should be there plus any other trips on Jan. 30th. In any case we have enough food, etc. at home to tie us over until he gets paid. This will pay at least 1 or 2 bills. I hope & pray that GOD has a "dedicated run" waiting for him when he gets home. This way he'll be home almost every night & can spend more time with the family & the village. And go to church!

Now if only we can successfully refinance the house before the 1st of Feb. I believe that's when our 2 yr. fixed rate mortgage becomes an A.R.M. & possibly higher payments. Never mind the fact that our credit reports will start to show 30 days late on a few bills..... I have our hard to reach but hard working loan officer [Lynn] working on it. I've sent her emails & multiple phone calls but haven't heard anything from her yet.

I know GOD is taking care of this but it sure would be nice to hear from Lynn anyways! Prayers need for this also....

I've joked with Sam before he left that: either we're refinancing the house this month or Publishers Clearing House will be knocking on our door. :lol:
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Crafty Mom

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:49 pm

CM, is it my imagination, or have you suddenly become more active in the general (non-women, non-teen) Village forums? :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby firefighter » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:22 pm

Praise God CM that is great news. I will continue to pray that all goes well with the refinancing and to continue to watch over DH.

Peace be with you.

Jim
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby Epaphras » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:54 pm

That's great news CM. I can't imagine the anxiety not having an income can bring. I say this because I have only had to deal with sometimes not having a part-time job to support my leisure activities, frivolous spending, and hobbies - nothing compared to not having enough to live on!
Epaphras
Permanent Resident

Postby LivingFree » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:14 pm

Wal-Mart, K-Mart, then cometh Target! BAMM! :fantastic:
LivingFree

Postby Crafty Mom » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:41 pm

Things are starting to go once again in the right direction.

My loan officer-Lynn & I talked on the phone for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday. She assured me that she could get me a loan A.S.A.P! with NO upfront-out of pocket costs! Praise GOD! I'm expecting a call later today & an email for approval to pull our TRW's.

I haven't talked to Sam since my last postings. I suspect that Sam will be calling today to let me know where, when & what his next load is. Maybe it will be Target, or Big Lots, or ?

And yes Joch I have been trying to get a bit more active all over the Village.
LF I especially enjoyed your in depth story of JOB & what possibly really went on with him & his friends, etc.

Thanks for all the extra time & effort by the rest of the staff in monitoring Sam's areas while he's at work.
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Crafty Mom

Postby Crafty Mom » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:33 pm

Ok, all bets for Sam's next destination are off. He broke the cycle of general merchandise discount stores.

:razz2:

He called last night driving thru Billings, Montana enroute to Portland, Oregon [by the 25th]. He's got a load to be delivered to Albertson's grocery store full of cat litter. MEEEOOOWWW! LOL!

I suspect that he's on his south bound loop & one more load should bring him home. Maybe he'll be home late Saturday night early Sunday morning. Hopefully in time for church! He says there's a bit of snow on the ground but the roads are clear.

More great news. Our Loan officer-Lynn has assured us that we should be able to refinance the house with no up front-out of pocket costs! PTL! Our main goal is to lower the monthly payments & cash out some of the equity.
:biggrin:
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Crafty Mom

Postby LivingFree » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 pm

Good news all the way around, CM. Thanks for keeping us posted. Convey our thoughts and prayers to DH.
LivingFree

Postby Crafty Mom » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:46 pm

WILL DO!
I'm sure he can't wait to get back to tell y'all about his travels in more detail.
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Crafty Mom

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:01 pm

Sounds like he's really getting loaded. :biggrin:
jochanaan
Councillor

Next

Return to Worship in Praise