it Won't Matter Any More

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

it Won't Matter Any More

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:03 pm

I often hear in gospel songs the words "We will talk it over in heaven" or "We will know all the answers in heaven". However, it's now that we want the answers to why things don't work out the way we hope and pray they will, and we want to know why we have to suffer so much. My question is: Will we really CARE what happened or why it happened down here once we're in heaven? Personally I don't thing it will matter to us any more. Once we're in that perfect environment we will be too busy for a few million years checking out our new home, and I'm sure heaven is BIG! Also, I don't know about you, but I will want to spend at least a million years at Jesus' feet admiring and worshipping Him and praising Him for what He did. By that time I will have forgotten this life entirely, although I don't believe we will remember ANY of it up there. Would it truly be heaven if we could remember the sins we committed, or if we remember the loved one who aren't there? Will the pain I suffer daily really matter when I'm in my pain-free incorruptable new body? Will the fact that I couldn't find anyone to spend my life with matter up there? Will ANYTHING that did or didn't happen down here matter when we in heaven? I don't believe it will. I disagree with those songs that say we will talk it over with the Lord when we're in heaven, because the WHY of it won't matter any more. Yes, I often wonder why God does what He does or allows what He does in my life, but after all I am the clay and He is the Potter. If He doesn't tell me the WHY now, then why would He tell me the WHY in heaven? He doesn't have to explain anything to me, and once I'm home I'm sure I won't care any more. It won't matter any more. "To God be the glory! Great things He has done!"
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:47 pm

Interesting perspective isn't it.

Of course, that is what it is all about--perspective. When we are in the midst of our problem--it is all we care about at the moment. Like when I was walking along a path the other day, and came upon a rattle snake--at the time, I did not care about anything else--that snake had my full attention. I was not out looking for snakes (NOT a hobby of mine), and I am pretty certain the snake was not hoping to encounter me either, but we did. I came within 6 feet of it, or if you please--2 steps. He saw me first, and made his presence known (b-z-z-z-z)--I STOPPED in my tracks, and smoothly, but quickly backed up a couple steps to give him some room, and get out of strike range, plus some. I was not panicked by it, but fully alert, and looked him over real good, and determined him to be a 3 foot long mojave rattler (about 3-4 years old)--which are known to be a bit more aggressive than other rattlers. He seemed to relax a bit when I backed off, and started slowly slithering to the left side of the path. I picked up a good sized rock, and lobbed it at him--this startled him, and he started hissing and buzzing loudly. I lobbed an even larger rock at him, and struck him with it--he recoiled, and moved quickly off the path, and took refuge under a tree--still loudly hissing and buzzing. I lobbed some more rocks at him, another struck him, and he moved away even further, behind the tree. I walked passed the tree, giving it a wide berth (15 feet) and looked down upon it from the path above it. I tossed one last 5 pound rock at him, causing his buzzing to get even louder. I then turned and walked away--leaving the snake far behind me, still buzzing away.

I was never freaked out, but I did give the snake my FULL attention--at the moment, it was all I cared about--survival was my goal. Remarkebly, I remember not intending to actually do the snake any real harm--just wanted to make sure he got out of my path. From my perspective it was a close call, but a good day, as I lived, and escaped unscathed. The snake lived also, but he was struck at least twice by 2-4 pound rocks, so maybe the snake did not think it was a good day--but he did live.

I thanked God for protecting me, and giving me calmness during that brief encounter. A week later, I still think about it occasionally, but it is not an obsessive thing, but hopefully I am a bit wiser of snakes--I am sure the snake has all but forgotten it, but he will probably avoid that area for a while.

My point is, our problems we face are not unlike that snake I faced--when facing danger, or problems directly, it has our full attention--nothing else matters. But, as we are able to move along our path, our perspective changes--and our problems are not so big anymore. I am sure that our Heavenly perspective will be even more far removed--we will see the bigger picture, and understand what is, and was truly important. I am sure that we will be able to remember our life here, but our problems we face now, will seem much different then--as we will see how God was there with us, even, and especially when we thought we were alone.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Well, Sam, whether we remember our life here or not, the thing is that it won't matter like it does now. Even now in this life, I remember things in my past that were a difficult trial I was going through. The worry and emotional pain was tremendous. As I think back and remember it, it doesn't seem so important any longer and no longer bothers me. If we no longer remember any of this that will be fine with me since there's very little here I want to remember. If we do remember then it just won't matter like it does now. That's what heaven means to me. No more pain, no worries, no money problems, and most important of all--NO more sin! Our sin nature will finally be gone, and we will no longer desire to do wrong or even be tempted since the tempter will be busy being tormented in the Lake of Fire.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Nakedflyer » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:57 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:Well, Sam, whether we remember our life here or not, the thing is that it won't matter like it does now. Even now in this life, I remember things in my past that were a difficult trial I was going through. The worry and emotional pain was tremendous. As I think back and remember it, it doesn't seem so important any longer and no longer bothers me. If we no longer remember any of this that will be fine with me since there's very little here I want to remember. If we do remember then it just won't matter like it does now. That's what heaven means to me. No more pain, no worries, no money problems, and most important of all--NO more sin! Our sin nature will finally be gone, and we will no longer desire to do wrong or even be tempted since the tempter will be busy being tormented in the Lake of Fire.

Hi Jon-Marc, Hi Sam

Couldn't agree more guys! Heaven is the place of absolutely no awareness of need. In heaven we will grasp the immensity and love of God, and our earthly lives will be shadows in the light of heaven.

Someome asked me if in heaven we will be naked the other day. I told them, yes we would. At this point they said "not me". So I told them that Heaven is such a place of NO NEED that you won't notice anyhow! In a sense, that's what naked living becomes as you get more accustomed to living that way. I said to my wife the other day that being unclothed with others is a non event, in that the actual "unclothed-ness" means little, but seeing the glory of God in the beautiful naked bodies is awesome indeed. In heaven we will enjoy our Heavenly Father, and enjoy each other with no awareness of having need of clothing.

So too, earth is such a small part of eternity that the joy of being "naked and unashamed" in heaven will be the central focus for eternity. Just imagine being able to enjoy God and each other without sin, sickness, poverty or shame, now remember the Lord's prayer asks for heaven on earth.

An awesome plan, from an awesome God, to an awesome race of people created in HIs image, now that's something to shout about!

Godbless Guys

Tony :D
Made in His Likeness, Naked as He intended.
Nakedflyer
Nakedflyer
Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:30 pm

One time I mentioned to someone that at the time of the Rapture we will leave whatever clothes we're wearing behind and will take nothing with us. He said, "You mean we'll go up NAKED!?" That's the way he asked it, with such shock that he couldn't believe it. I don't know if we will be without clothing in heaven, but it makes sense that we would. Clothing is the result of sin entering the world. In heaven there will not only be NO sin but no sin nature in us. We will be as Adam and Eve were before the fall. Yes, unlike they were before the fall, we will have sinned and know what sin is, but that desire will be gone. I believe we will once again be innocent!

The first part of Rev. 3:5 says that "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment." So does that mean literal white raiment, or could the "white raiment" actually be the righteousness of Christ and not be actual clothing? We can only hope that clothing will not be actually worn in heaven. After all, what need will we have of it anyway? Clothing serves only one actual purpose--for protection from hazards to the body, and there won't be ANY such hazards in heaven! Also, as I mentioned, clothing is the result of sin, and there won't be ANY sin in heaven. It makes sense that there won't be ANY need for clothing in heaven.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

A Million Years at Jesus' Feet

Postby Crafty Mom » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:39 pm

Me too! Then maybe I'll get the courage to sit on HIS lap & ask HIM questions face to face about my life. And let's not forget the great big hug I'll have for HIM & tears of joy! Along with some sadness for those loved ones I'm leaving behind.
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Coordinator of Women's & Teen's Forums
Crafty Mom
Women's and Teens' Coordinator

Return to Worship in Praise