Fear of Dying vs NO fear

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Fear of Dying vs NO fear

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:10 pm

I was just thinking as I sometimes do :lol: . I thought about the day I accepted Christ after realizing that I was lost and on my way to hell if I died. Before coming to the knowledge of hell and not worrying about death, I was ignorant of the consequenses of not knowing the Lord. It's interesting how a little knowledge can change your whole life. One moment I had no worry, and suddenly I was terrified! What if I died lost tonight? It was just after midnight Saturday morning, and I didn't want to wait until Sunday when I went to church to accept Christ. What if I didn't live that long? What if I got run over by a car? I got down on my knees and accepted Christ right there in my bedroom with no one there except the Lord and me, and of course Satan who was trying to talk me out of being saved. He didn't want to lose another one to God.

I felt such a PEACE flood over me as He lifted the heavy burden of sin from off me and placed it upon Himself! One moment I was terrified of dying, and the next I was flooded with peace! I think the main reason why most people don't accept Christ is because they have no idea of what is in store for them after death. I had been going very regularly to a Bible believing church and thought of myself as a Christian, but that night as I was reading my Bible I saw the word "believe". I thought back and remembered that the day Iwas 16 and pretended to accept Christ at the church there was NO belief. I was just afraid to tell them I didn't believe. When I went home that day (it was my first time in church in 3 years) my dad jokingly asked, "Well, did you get saved today?" I said, "Yes, but I don't know what from", and everyone laughed.

However, I continued going to that church because I liked the people, and it got me away from home and away from my dad. However, over the next year I began to "believe". Unfortunately, my belief was false. Satan was telling me I was saved, but God was trying to tell me I wasn't, and I thought it was the other way around. I continued to have doubts for nearly a year until that Saturday morning when I finally listened to God's voice which was finally louder than Satan's and realized, "I didn't believe on that day nearly a year ago. There's no way I can be saved." As I said, when I called on the Lord to save me, a peace that can't be explained to anyone who has never experienced it came over me. Now I KNOW I'm saved, and there's NO fear of death. What a difference, terrified of death and then having NO fear of death. How can we explain to those who don't know Him what it's like to KNOW Jesus Christ and to be filled with an indescribable peace?
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:25 pm

No Jesus, know fear--Know Jesus, no fear :cool:

That is a variation of a bumper sticker I saw--thought of it as I read your testimony. Yeah, I know bumper sticker proverbs can be corny, but I find them poiniant--and easy to remember.

I also share with you in that overall peace, from knowing Jesus--I lack a significant fear of death. Mind you, I am not fool hearty to the point of tempting the Lord--like that idiot who climbed in the lion cage at the zoo, and proclaimed; "If God exists, He will protect me!", and promptly became lion chow :roll: I do NOT have a death wish--but I do look forward to the time we will all gather at that big banquet table :cool:, and when my time comes, I will have that hope that only we, who know Jesus, can have.

Thanks for sharing Jon Marc
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:23 pm

Speaking of the guy in the lion's cage, it's interesting how many people think that PROVES that God doesn't exist. One thing I've learned is that God has protected me many times, but He doesn't always protect us from our stupidity. The man obviously didn't believe in God since he said "If God exists."
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby LivingFree » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:10 pm

I don't ever remember having a fear of death or going to hell. I accepted Jesus as savior and Lord at the age of 5, and I was baptized at the age of 11. By the age of 12 I knew God was calling me into some kind of ministry. But I do remember struggling, toward the end of seminary, "God, are you sure you called me to this? God gave me John 15:16, "You did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you to go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last." That verse has gone with me through thick and thin my whole life, and looking back, I've made lots of mistakes, but some fruit has truly remained. I can also remember a time during midlife that God called me to change my ministry course and I didn't want to. But I surrendered to God and told him he would have to direct my paths. It was really tough at times, but always accompanied by peace -- the peace of God that surpasses understanding. God is always faithful, even though we don't always see it at the time. :jump:
LivingFree

Postby Crafty Mom » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:46 pm

Not only peace but realizing that I'm now able to handle this world's CRAP with a lot less stress these days.
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Coordinator of Women's & Teen's Forums
Crafty Mom
Women's and Teens' Coordinator

Return to Worship in Praise