Prayers for my Wife and our journey

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Prayers for my Wife and our journey

Postby Shysparky » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:20 pm

I am somewhat new to nudism and have read some wonderful articles sent to me by Matthew neal (thank you Matt) regarding the bible and nudity. My eyes have been opened to see how acceptable it should be as a christian. My request is that God will guide me to the proper method and time to talk to my wife about it and hopefully she will see what I have seen and we can participate more as nudists. I am very happy that since I have started practicing at home she is beginning to join me more often as time goes by. I also would like prayers for opportunities to go out nuding and hopefully find some good friends to go with and my wifes acceptance of it and allowing me to participate even if she chooses not to.
What is man that you are mindful of him?
Shysparky
Permanent Resident

Re: Prayers for my Wife and our journey

Postby natman » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:08 pm

Shysparky,

While I believe that it is wise to ask for prayer on this matter, I do have something to say about your request.

While I would pray for you and your wife to become more unified in your joys and comfort with nudity, I would probably not think it wise to parctice social nudity without your wife, just as I would not think it wise to do anything apart from your wife on a regular basis.

I believe strongly that marriage is one of the most important insititutions ever created by God and I therefore I tend not to support anything that causes separation between husbands and their wives, not even naturism. Although we are given the freedom to be naked and unshamed through our relationship with Christ Jesus, we should never use such a freedom in such a way that it would possibly damage or even dent our relationship with our wives.

What you are doing so far seems to be working in that she is becoming more comfortable and even joining you more and more. Just do not be in too big a hurry nor get too far ahead of her.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Shysparky » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Nathan,
Thank you I never considered that. That is wise council and I appreciate it greatly! I tend to go at things full boar and forget about casualties along the way. I wholeheartedly agree with you and never even thought about it that way.
Shysparky
Permanent Resident

Postby Rod » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:19 pm

shysparky my prayers go out to you and your wife on your journey.....

Be Blessed,

Roderick
Rod
Resident

Postby Shysparky » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Rod,
Thank you. I am contemplating what I have been told here and feel too that we must be unified in our indeavours. She is beginning to enjoy home nudity with me and is very comfortable with me being nude whenever I am in our home.
Shysparky
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:13 pm

That's a very important first step, Shysparky, but don't expect her to follow you "outside" at once. My ex-wife and I would sometimes strip down at home, but only when the children were out of the house; this was more than a decade before I embraced nudism for myself, and neither she nor I would have considered social nudity at all. (Missed opportunities because I didn't know about Christian naturism! :cry: )

So just be patient and loving, yet determined.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Alfie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Whilst I respect Natman's suggestion to use caution with regards not engaging in social nudity without your wife I do not necessarily agree in full.
My wife and I have always done everything together but in the past three years I have embraced nudism and she has not. She is not open to even discuss her possible involvement. Should this mean that I must be deprived of this simple and definite joy? I think not, and she agrees. As we have aged (we are both now 57) our interests have diverged a little. I am still much more active, enjoying overnight hiking, swimming and other pursuits which she is both not interested in nor wanting to be. So should I not do them? I think the answer to this question is more obvious and maybe throws some light on the first one.
I would like nothing more than to have my wife join me in joining with others in social gatherings, camping and holidaying where clothing is not required, to continue to do everything together but it seems that this is not to be (now or in the near future). I do live in hope though.
I would however agree that the current course of action is the best, to just continue to enjoy your nudity at home or wherever you can do it without offending others. That your wife should be given time (and some information where this does not offend) to overcome the brainwashing that we all have encountered that says the nudity is wrong, that nakedness equates to sex and that nudity should be only for married couple in the privacy of their homes.
Don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind
Alfie
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:31 am

But Alfie, your wife knows you do, and approves, or at least allows it. A lot of wives won't consider it for either themselves OR their husbands. :cry:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:42 am

Alfie wrote:Whilst I respect Natman's suggestion to use caution with regards not engaging in social nudity without your wife I do not necessarily agree in full.
My wife and I have always done everything together but in the past three years I have embraced nudism and she has not. She is not open to even discuss her possible involvement. Should this mean that I must be deprived of this simple and definite joy? I think not, and she agrees.

Alfie, I recommend caution and I speak from experience. The Bible instructs husbands to love there wives... "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.... In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself." (Eph 5:25-28). This does not simply mean that we should be willing to die for our wives, but that we should also be willing to live for them, every moment of every day.

Your wife may be not standing in your way of partaking in social nudism without her because, on the surface, she wants you to be happy. However, there may come a time when you will have to decide between spending time with her and spending time with your new friends. Even if she says "Oh, that's okay honey." on the surface, deep down she may resent it and it will beging to generate a rift in your relationship.

That is one of the things that happened to me in my last marriage. I had gotten involved with an entertainment group that required weekly rehersals and frequent trips out of town. There was nothing sexual or relational at all about the group which was purely professional. My wife was not the least bit interested and encouraged my involvement "on the surface", but deep down, resented every minute I was gone. She did not communicate this to me until AFTER she got a divorce.

I am not saying that your wife is not being completely honest, however, I believe that there should be some caution on your part.

Further, while I believe that we, particularly as Christians, have the freedom to be nude even in social situations. However, if that freedom would potentially cause a breakdown of our marriages or cause a weaker brother or sister, particularly our spouses to "stumble", then we should be willing to set it aside for their sake and for the sake of our relationships. In such cases, we should be satisfied to KNOW that we COULD be nude if the circumstances allowed and to KNOW that this life is but a vapor and that there will come a time in the not to distant future when we will indeed stand before our Lord, quarum Deo, in Paradise, once again naked and unashamed for all eternity.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:07 pm

[Councillor's note: I moved this strip (remember, threads are for textiles!) here to the Worship in Prayer forum; it was getting a little too "serious" for the Praise forum. :) ]
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Shysparky » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Thank you all for the input. I feel Natman is pretty on and I sure don't want to degrade the quality of my marriage by going against her wishes. We have not come to the point of even discussing it yet I just want to be prepared when the day comes. I look forward to eternity with God and if it be nude hallelujah!
Shysparky
Permanent Resident

Postby wannabenude » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:51 am

I just read what Shysparky wrote and am almost in the same situation, but natman is right about not going without your mate. I'm glad I read your post it has opened my eyes further and made me realise alot more things.

God Bless

Randy
wannabenude
Resident

Postby keyman1202 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:55 am

yeah...similar deal here also... wife gets nude now and then around the house... but doesnt like it that I am so involved in it.... I dont know..sometimes I wish she could go stay with her sis for about .say ..5 yrs/??!! :::: I dont know....just get tired of all the arguments... not even related to nakid... but partially because of my desire to be... which i always am pretty much around home... we hardly agree on anything....
dont know... I hate life at times.... this sucks... ohwell...
-Merlin

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -Hellen Keller
keyman1202
Resident

Postby natman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Keyman,

You may want to consider some marriage counseling. At a minimum, may I suggest that you and your wife attend a "Weekend to Remember" marriage conference. [CLICK HERE]

Naturism is great, but it (nor most things for that matter) should NEVER be a source of division within a marriage.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby keyman1202 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks...Nate...yeah..I dont...know... I looked at that site few weeks back... sometimes I dont want to be married... but divorce isnt really an option... I got into this so guess I need to stick it out... I just get tired of being tied down... I want to travel,,,,and we have.. I want to go..... I dont know...
-Merlin

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." -Hellen Keller
keyman1202
Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Prayer