Up or Out

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Up or Out

Postby Petros » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:45 am

We are now in October. I am trying to get a firm commitment. We know the group I have served nigh on 20 years still has a pile of money in hand. We know that my team's work is essential to getting any of their backlog completed. We know they have said they are committed to get as much as possible of said backlog finished.
I have submitted detailed proposals just for October, gotten little back. Last night a short letter that sounded negative but really did not contain yes or no nor even maybe. So I sent in a more detailed October plan, asking for a yes or no. If a no, or if no yes by the end of the week - I get even more intensive looking for alternatives, maybe if I am lucky something at the newly opened dollar store [today's 5 & 10, I guess.

Praying for a positive, for a living cash flow.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Up or Out

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:07 am

Petros, I know the uncertainty and frustration must be driving you crazy. Hopefully you'll son have a firm answer so you may know how to proceed. Best wishes to you.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:14 am

This situation will be in my prayers today.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:45 am

Today I phone him - yea or nay, I need an explicit statement.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:51 am

Petros wrote:Today I phone him - yea or nay, I need an explicit statement.

It is notable how things that at present seem mysterious, will be seen with complete clarity as things run their course and time has passed.
God will answer! (even if he has to use a taciturn, tight-lipped human less verbal than Balaam's beast of burden).

I know of one enterprise that is at present quite short-staffed:
Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

I shall pray both for Brother Petros and for the "harvest team". Perhaps the Lord of the Harvest will solve two problems with one grand action. :)
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:09 am

So I spoke to him yesterday. I do not realy blame him - the way this year has gone, with cancer and funding worries and being flooded out he may be forgiven for being a little distracted, not reading my correspondence very carefully and not really focussing.

He has now understood the situation which he did not before - and IF the one project indeed has material for processng we will do the processing. He is now researching the question, how much is ready.

We shall see.

A further note - a niece of ours just died, likely a by product of drugs. She was once a pleasant but diffident girl who loved the Lord - but took some very wrong turns. We are praying that while lingering she had an encounter and turned around.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:46 am

Petros, wishing you well on the project progressing while sorrowful for the loss of your niece.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your niece, Petros. I too hope she got right with God before she passed on.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:17 am

So do I, I trust she made the right decision at the final interview.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:03 am

YES! My team is authorized to work on the one project that has funding. That should last at least two montyhs, maybe more , taking pressure off. VERY gratified. Thanks for prayer, past and ongoing.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:47 am

Congratulations Petros!
And we will be praying for your niece’s family.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Hope this does not sound too naive, but what is the project?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:05 am

Since I took early retirement from the university I have been supplying linguistic [like I am the only one who knows all the languages] and technical expertise for a Bible translation group. Working on about half a dozen languages, all but one have lost funding "unexpectedly" - enough said. So I am back up and running on that one.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:08 am

On our niece -
Herself will go on the weekend to a memorial Saturday. I can't go. Six hours there, picking up nice niece Liesl en route, then sex hours back.

For travel, for the emotional dynamics of the situation.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:48 pm

Petros wrote:.., then sex hours back.
:oops:
Six hours back?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Prayer