New Week, new month.

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

New Week, new month.

Postby Petros » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:43 am

My brother in law today starts a new course of chemotherapy, in an experimental program. His brother tells me he has had all the ratiaton work he can handle. Chemotherapy is always hard on him. Prayers for body and soul appreciated - we have lost enough family for now, to put it selfishly. Pray for Mike.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: New Week, new month.

Postby Jim » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:04 am

Praying.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Father, I lift up Mike and the chemo treatments he will be enduring. Give him grace and peace in such abundance that he shines your light to those around him. Give his family, both immediate and extended that same peace and grace.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:08 am

Praying that the chemo will go easy on Mike, Petros.
naturist
Native Resident

Postby jimmy » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:10 pm

Father we pray for Petro's brother-in-law that his treatments work, and are as pain free as possible. Comfort him and his family knowing that all things are in your control.

Amen
jimmy
Councillor

Postby starmagic » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:16 pm

I had to take care of a family member who went through chemotherapy and radiation for quite some time, so I know that it's a difficult thing to go through. Praying for you, him, and the rest of your loved ones. Please keep us updated.
starmagic
Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:51 am

As I receive bulletins. When he is here, he has a brother and cousins in town, and always in touch with his young ones. The past year he has been out west, with one of his sons on the spot. So - a support system, but in the actual therapies he is largely on his wown.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Cvick » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:58 pm

In silence I sit before God and listen...... God is in the silence, he hears my heart he searches and hears it groan as I think about Mike a person I shall never meet yet he touches me as much as my friend Jenny about to undergo the same treatment. My words cannot add anything to our conversation so I sit and listen. God knows them both and countless others for whom cancer treatment is a cruel reality. God is in the midst of their lives and whatever the outcome will not forsake his children. In my silence I trust in Him to to be faithful to his promises .....Amen
Cvick
Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:58 am

Lord, I pray for Mike, and Jenny. Just starting, they both have a long road to walk. Lord, let your peace, which passes understanding, guard their hearts. Let hope arise in the face of despair, and faith in the face of doubt. Lord, send the comforter when their strength is gone and be their courage in times of fear. I ask that you remind them to cast upon you, every care and that you will wipe away every tear. Most of all I ask for your healing of their bodies. You are a good father who knows how to give good gifts to your children. Thank you Lord. In Jesus’ name, Amen
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:12 pm

I add my amen to all the prayers on here & I will be praying for Mike & Jenny.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Petros and Cnick I hope your loved one and friend are doing well during their treatments. Chemotherapy, unfortunately, ravages the body.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Cvick » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:49 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Petros and Cnick I hope your loved one and friend are doing well during their treatments. Chemotherapy, unfortunately, ravages the body.

Jim

Thanks Jim I met with Jenny yesterday and she was in fine form the treatment starts soon but she is a very positive person and will face the future with the peace that comes from knowing that God cares for and loves her as do her many friends who are praying for her
Cvick
Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:41 am

No word from Mike yet - I'll be checking in with his brother.Trusting God to get him through.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby starmagic » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Thanks for letting us know - I'll keep praying. Please let us know how things have progressed whenever you can.
starmagic
Resident

Postby Cvick » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:21 am

Up date Jenny is still waiting to start her treatment. Covid delays probably but she is still active and positive
Cvick
Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Prayer