Help

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby Jon-Marc » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:49 am

It's easy for us to tell someone else to "kick the lazy bum out", but how many of us could actually do that to our own child? I'm not sure I could. Tough love is also tough on the parents.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby blue eyes » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Hey thanks Jon-marc.
Apperently all I have to do is request some labor and he's gone. :) My wife has a harder time with it then I do. She say's (but he said he wants to change). So it does cause a little turmoil between us. For me I have to see the change before I believe him. dinner time gotta run
blue eyes
Native Resident

Postby looking4light » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:59 am

Hi Paul - just want to let you know I'll pray for you in this situation. There is good advice here, just don't forget that you can only do your part. Give your son to God, and we'll pray that he will be receptive to God's work in his heart. Either way, you can do your part, but then you have to leave God's part to Him. Maybe this isn't something dads struggle with as much as moms, but this is a battle I fight too often, so I wanted to give you the reminder. Hang in there!

~L4L
looking4light
Native Resident

Postby blue eyes » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:42 am

Thanks L4L,
I"ve given him to God, My problem is I want him to hurry up and perform his miracle. :) I pray for Love and patience.
blue eyes
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:24 pm

blue eyes wrote:Hey thanks Jon-marc.
Apperently all I have to do is request some labor and he's gone. :) My wife has a harder time with it then I do. She say's (but he said he wants to change). So it does cause a little turmoil between us. For me I have to see the change before I believe him. dinner time gotta run

Oh yeah, the old "I want to change" ploy. Mothers fall for it, and so do fathers sometimes. Unfortunately, it is seldom a true statement. If a person truly wants to change, he/she will at least make an effort to do so.Give him an ultimatum--shape up or ship out.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby nudjohn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:47 pm

blue eyes wrote:Thanks L4L,
I"ve given him to God, My problem is I want him to hurry up and perform his miracle. :) I pray for Love and patience.

WARNING! Never pray for patience.
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby blue eyes » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:23 am

Nudjohn,
Why do you say that?
blue eyes
Native Resident

Postby dby » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:47 am

blue eyes wrote:Nudjohn,
Why do you say that?

Because patience is not just a "gift" that is outright given to us. Rather, instead we get more and more trials which require ever greater amounts of patience.

Just as you would not dream of giving your young son a huge weight and ask him to bench press it. You might give him a couple of very small hand weights and teach him the motions. As he gets older and stronger, you would continue to give him heavier weights to bench press and when he reaches full maturity he will be able to bench press a very respectable amount.

Likewise our Father doesn't suddenly given us more than we are able to carry. But "in this world you will have tribulation". There are always trials and tribulations that come our way which, with patience, we are able to make it through. The way of escape is not avoidence, but rather, patience and endurance.

Asking for patience is a request for more trials and tribulations in your life. Requesting more blessings instead is usually the route that most would desire to follow. But, know that the Father has everything in His Hand and that "all things work together for good" -- even the trials and tribulations! By emmuna (faith) we praise Him for everything that comes our way - even those things which we don't want! All things occur for our very best!
dby
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:32 am

Most of us pray for patience... "Lord make teach me patience... right NOW!!!"

Based on the last few posts, maybe we should be praying for "IMPATIENCE... right NOW!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby blue eyes » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:40 pm

Oh man,
Forgive me I have miss spoken. I Think he knows what I meant in my mind and I'm positive he knows I don't want any tribulations or any more trials but to live the life he gave me in joy, not sadness.
blue eyes
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:53 pm

Perhaps a better prayer: "Lord, help me develop my patience in the trials that come, in Jesus' name." ;)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby nudjohn » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Romans 5
3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

James 1
2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:48 pm

So, pray for tribulations.

Better yet, pray for hope and bypass all the stuff in the middle.

(Just kidding Lord :D ) I would not want to miss out on ANYTHING You have in store for me. We know You work in mysterious ways and that Your ways are not our ways, but they are the best ways.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Previous

Return to Family issues