Nudity within extended families

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Perfect Love cast out all fear.

Postby pixlman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:29 pm

I noticed fear was a major concern to the early posters before the thread was Hijacked.

I cannot speak from experience as to the family issue. I have made the plunge, my wife is still being "reprogrammed", she says I seem to be brainwashing her.

The truth shall set you free...

The Lord gave me two verses one morning @ 4am while praying in bed with my wife.

"Study to show thyself approved, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of Truth".

"Faith without works is Dead. or Show me your faith by your actions". (my paraphrase) to which my wife respnded with - The word is "Sharper than a two edged sword rightly dividing the Truth".

You can tell by her quotes she is in for some serious research soon. She is getting the picture from the word. I believe she is afraid for the kids etc to see her naked. Same old shame problem.
We were both raised in traditional Christian Homes. No nudity outside the bathroom and bedroom. I recently found www.rejectshame.com WOW what a resource. along with figleaf, sunnyday and others.

The Lord is at work... I can feel it. I don't know where this is going but I am willing to take the ride as long as it is in HIS WILL. I want so much to break any generational curse and addictions I have had passed on to me. My son is 24, and daughters 21, 16, and 13.. Son calls me Mr. Nude. the girls just don't want to see "that" even though they babysit a 6 month old baby boy and take him in the pool naked.

I wish to be able to send my girls off to serious dating with a proper context so they can tell if the Man/Boy is interested because of Love or Lust. Then follow this up with a Pure Marriage where Nudity does not equal Sex. My son is also soon in for some retraining as soon as Momma is fully on board.

I thought of this today. If Christ is the Bridegroom and we the Church are the Bride does he desire us because of Lust or Pure Love... The answer is obvious... Lest u think me heretical.

God Bless, Just a few thoughts for the night.
pixlman
Permanent Resident
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Perfect Love cast out all fear.

Postby dby » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:11 am

pixlman wrote:You can tell by her quotes she is in for some serious research soon. She is getting the picture from the word. I believe she is afraid for the kids etc to see her naked. Same old shame problem.
We were both raised in traditional Christian Homes. No nudity outside the bathroom and bedroom. I recently found www.rejectshame.com WOW what a resource. along with figleaf, sunnyday and others.


RejectShame.com was a good website at this time last year. Had a fairly good religious apologetic for Christian Naturism. But the owner didn't renew the registration in time. Now, it is a secular site and some of the links on it go to "swinger" type sites.

I think the link that you want to refer people to would be:
http://rejectshame.r2bw.com/
User avatar
dby
Native Resident
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:05 am
Location: Colorado

Re: Perfect Love cast out all fear.

Postby bn2bnude » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:31 am

dby wrote:
pixlman wrote:You can tell by her quotes she is in for some serious research soon. She is getting the picture from the word. I believe she is afraid for the kids etc to see her naked. Same old shame problem.
We were both raised in traditional Christian Homes. No nudity outside the bathroom and bedroom. I recently found www.rejectshame.com WOW what a resource. along with figleaf, sunnyday and others.


RejectShame.com was a good website at this time last year. Had a fairly good religious apologetic for Christian Naturism. But the owner didn't renew the registration in time. Now, it is a secular site and some of the links on it go to "swinger" type sites.

I think the link that you want to refer people to would be:
http://rejectshame.r2bw.com/


Just to be fair, When I pulled it up, it went to ClothesFree.com which, while I don't agree with everything I've seen on there, hasn't promoted swinging as far as I know.
User avatar
bn2bnude
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:09 am
Location: Denver

Re: Perfect Love cast out all fear.

Postby jochanaan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:58 am

pixlman wrote:...I thought of this today. If Christ is the Bridegroom and we the Church are the Bride does he desire us because of Lust or Pure Love... The answer is obvious... Lest u think me heretical...

A very interesting thought! His love for us, according to Scripture, is powerful and passionate and even a little jealous; yet it isn't the type that ever, ever wants to control or harm or even punish. And since He sees all we are anyway, why do we need man-made garments when among those who share His love?

Too many people see God as an abusive father or lover, instead of the One Who wants nothing but good for His children and Bride. And some in the churches, even today, portray Him that way. Yes, justice and wrath are among His attributes--but far, far greater is His love for all of us. He doesn't want to take away our joy; He only wants to lead us into greater and greater joy, and pleasures beyond what we can even imagine, pleasures like yet unlike any here on Earth.

"...and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." --I Thessalonians 5:23, my emphasis
User avatar
jochanaan
Councillor
 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Perfect Love cast out all fear.

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:03 pm

bn2bnude wrote:
Just to be fair, When I pulled it up, it went to ClothesFree.com which, while I don't agree with everything I've seen on there, hasn't promoted swinging as far as I know.


I left that Web site because of their pro stand on homosexuality. One man was banned because of his stand against that lifestyle and called a "bigot". After defending him and his right to believe that way, I was attacked by a moderator who apparently was homosexual and called a bigot. After that I left and haven't returned. If you say anything against homosexuality there, you will be called a bigot and banned.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
User avatar
Jon-Marc
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: Jacumba, CA

Comments

Postby pixlman » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:48 am

I clicked the new link. It seems to go to the same site.

I did not find anything objectionable on the first site Jeff Bowman has used Clothesfree pix to create his video. I don't however agree with homosexuality or swinging. Thanx for the tip.

Noticed some new stuff in the word today... In the first chapter of the Song of Solomon the woman refers to her darkened skin as an vineyard. Is this not referring to her "whole" body or at least her upper torso and breasts?

Young Woman
How right they are to adore you.
5 I am dark but beautiful,
O women of Jerusalem—
dark as the tents of Kedar,
dark as the curtains of Solomon’s tents.
6 Don’t stare at me because I am dark—
the sun has darkened my skin.
My brothers were angry with me;
they forced me to care for their vineyards,
so I couldn’t care for myself—my own vineyard.


Amplified refers to her vineyard in the last sentence as "her complexion".. seems like a societal bias to me.

I believe she is referring to her vinyard of her body. yet most translations are either literal or refer to complexion limiting the text to her face. Is this not just biased or do I need to get out my Hebrew?
pixlman
Permanent Resident
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:47 am

Re: Comments

Postby jochanaan » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:35 pm

pixlman wrote:...most translations are either literal or refer to complexion limiting the text to her face. Is this not just biased or do I need to get out my Hebrew?

The Hebrew and most literal translations do not specify the face: "I am black, but comely..." Those who think "dark" or "black" refers to her face only are making an unwarranted assumption that field workers in those days would have been mostly clothed. In fact, there's good evidence that it was customary for most laborers to work in the nude. Textiles were rare and highly prized; being "clothed in fine linen" was a mark of royalty, priests or wealthy tradesmen and their wives, while most others had to make do with a single garment, or two at most. Why take the chance of spoiling one's only garment? 8)
User avatar
jochanaan
Councillor
 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Perfect Love cast out all fear.

Postby minister72 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 am

pixlman wrote:The Lord is at work... I can feel it. I don't know where this is going but I am willing to take the ride as long as it is in HIS WILL. I want so much to break any generational curse and addictions I have had passed on to me. My son is 24, and daughters 21, 16, and 13.. Son calls me Mr. Nude. the girls just don't want to see "that" even though they babysit a 6 month old baby boy and take him in the pool naked.

I wish to be able to send my girls off to serious dating with a proper context so they can tell if the Man/Boy is interested because of Love or Lust. Then follow this up with a Pure Marriage where Nudity does not equal Sex. My son is also soon in for some retraining as soon as Momma is fully on board.

I thought of this today. If Christ is the Bridegroom and we the Church are the Bride does he desire us because of Lust or Pure Love... The answer is obvious... Lest u think me heretical.


I have to recommend this to you pixlman and everyone else with children. Just finished reading an excellent book called Hooked, by Joe McIlhaney Jr. and Freda McKissic Bush. They are both MDs and the book reports on the findings of MRI research together with reports of the effect sex on the brain. There are a couple video links at his website www.medinstitute.org that are pretty good. I was amazed reading this book. Briefly, our brains are made to cause bonding to the first person we have sex with. We are immediately addicted to sex by nature and that is why it is hard to stop once we start, but it all part of the bonding mechanism. When we have sex outside of marriage it leads to multiple partners and creates difficulty later in bonding, especially if there have been a larger number of partners.

For me, I don't just want my children to be comfortable around their parents nude, but I want them to be comfortable themselves nude and around others so that the truth is instilled in their hearts. But I have fears about this also. I may start a new thread about this as I am not sure everything I and my wife are concerned about has been covered here before, though some has.

minister72
minister72
Native Resident
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:53 pm
Location: Tennessee

Previous

Return to Family issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest