Grand parent teaching children about nudism

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby hikingman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:22 pm

I've only been into social nudity under three years, I don't believe there s any thing wrong with it and I have been baby siting my grand kids boy and girl since they where 5 & 6 they are now 7& 8 they are natural nudist and have enjoyed the run of the house with me since they where 5&6.

I wanted to instill in them the Idea not to be a shamed of there bodies and explaining that we had to wear clothing but there where places that we didn't have as long as we didn't offend any one .I have taken them camping skinny dipping hiking and we enjoy the freedom of nudity together.

My family docent know of our interest , I have become concerned that all my teaching has to be put behind ,The children beg me to go nude and I must tell them we can on longer be naked at grand paws house . I realized that if confronted my there mom and dad there would be some serious issues .

They enjoy the freedom of nudity so much when they visit me, it breaks my heart that I must stop it ,I don't see any other avenue ,I would appreciate any helpful advise or suggestions .God Bless you .
hikingman
Permanent Resident

Postby Webmaster » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:27 pm

A few questions about this for you, then some advice.

First is that I have to wonder what the kid's parents view is on social, non-sexual nudity? It would be the starting point of it all.

Secondly, I'm sure that at some point the kids have said something to their parents about it, even if it was just a passing comment. Do you know they have or not?

Third is what religion beliefs the parents hold? This could be the basis for their not allowing the kids to be unclothed, and will also help you in deciding the best way to handle it.

Fourth, what kind of an area do you live in? You mentioned about taking the kids camping and allowing them to go skinny dipping. This might be a way to provide them with an option to be unclothed, and it would be their choice.

My advice would be to talk to the kids first, ask them what Mom and Dad think about their being unclothed. If they express that their parents are upset about it then you can ask them why they think their parents are upset about it, handling it with kid gloves (no pun intended.)

Once you know about the reactions the parents might have, you can talk to the parents. I would suggest talking to your child first (I don't know if it would you son or daughter) and take it from the stand point of seeing a site online that deals with Christian Naturists. Get a general feeling of his/her reaction, then ask him/her how they would react if their kids (your grandkids) wanted to be naturists. (I find using the term nudist is taken with a more negative view than using naturist is.)

If they are open to the idea, ask if it would be okay for them to be unclothed (not nude or naked) when they visit you. It may require the condition that you remain clothed, but the kids can be unclothed. Be willing to talk about the positive aspects of naturism (building self-esteem, avoiding the curiosity of what the other gender looks like unclothed, health related issues, so on) by taking some time to research it clearly.

If they are Christians, you'll have to deal with that aspect of it as well. There are many posts here that talk about the Biblical side of it as well. I strongly recommend reading Paul Bowman's "Nakedness and the Bible" when you have the chance. I've provided copies for friends and family members and it helps clear up many misunderstandings.

When it is all said and done, you will need to let the kids know that you have to agree to abide by their parents wishes, even if you don't want to. No means no. But if the parents agree with allowing them to be unclothed when they visit you, then you can rejoice for, and with, your grandkids.

Most of all be patient, be prayful, and research, research, research. 2nd Timothy 2:15 tells us to "Study to show yourself approved, a workman that need not be ashamed, correctly dividing the word of Truth." I believe that this applies to ALL aspects of life, not just the Word of God. Thus my statement "research, research, research" as my personal motto.

Like most people with intelligence, I really dislike having discussions with people that don't take the time or effort to research what they are talking about. You seem like an intellagent person, and with this I'm sure you'll do the research you need to be prepared.

If you need some help finding materials for this, please send me a Private Message (PM) and I'll provide you with links as needed.

May God Bless you!

WM
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby hikingman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:55 pm

I appreciate your responding to my post , Both parents are totally opposed to any kind of social nudity I've been instructed not to let the Children bath together and there not swim unless they have a swim suit . I let them swim in there under wear ,that was a no-no.

Second I'm sure the kids haven't mentioned about us being nude so far or I would not be allowed to keep them every again .
Third my son who is the farther was raise an Independent Baptist which believe any kind of nudity is sin, our pastor preaches folks keep your clothes on ,(I disagree) the mother is lost but is very set in her wanting the kids to be clothed .
Forth The area is very nice and country and provides areas that one can enjoy naturism with both state Forest and camp ground and lake near by.
I've talked to both the kids ,and parents, the mother and father do not want the kids to see each other naked , I was told there to old to be seeing each other naked and not to let them bathe together . They both where very adament about it.
After talking with my son he made it clear he felt it was sin to look at any one naked I gave him several Bible scriptures and he didn't agree with them, both parents are very closed minded to the subject.
Knowing the way they feel about nudity ,I'm fearful to speak about naturism, there not aware of my interest and I don't want them refusing me visitation with the kids ,it s almost hopeless .I will take your advise and be patient .
I do study my bible thats why I believe its ( impossible) for our Holy God to tell us to sin if in fact nakedness was sin,but yet he told Isaiah to go naked ,Hebrews 4:13 all things are naked before him .,1 Samuel 16:7 God looks on our Hearts not our outward appearance. I tried social nudity less then 3 years ago for the first time and I have a wonderful peace with my Lord and a closer walk .Please help me pray about this .God Bless you and thank you for Responding . Your Brother In Christ .Ron
hikingman
Permanent Resident

Postby Webmaster » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:16 pm

Thanks for that reply, it fills in a lot of gaps.

Given the opposition of the parents I would say two things you should do:

Continue to teach the grandkids about your views. Share with them from God's Word about it.

Secondly, if your son becomes too harsh about it, simply point out to him that he is living in an un-equally yoked marriage and should consider his own sin before he starts judging others for their supposed sins.

I'm sending you a PM with another suggestion.

WM
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Postby Alfie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:50 am

I've got no particular advise except you will need to be very careful as I think you have left yourself wide open to all sorts of criticism.
I hope you work through it well. I'm not good at giving advise, so I won't. Best of luck and I wish you God's wisdom.
Don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind
Alfie
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:25 pm

I am afraid you have to let the nudity you enjoy with the grand kids go. If the parents are against it and they find out you may loose contact with them or worse. I know independent Baptist, use to be one, and now as a Southern Baptist I can tell you they are not going to change their views on nudity.

Teach them the truth, but avoid being nude till they are of age. Hopefully, your teaching will make them open to nudism when they reach adulthood.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Jim1000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:40 am

Ron,

You're getting lots of good counsel here. I'll add my voice and remind you that the joy of being with your grandkids outweighs the enjoyment of nudity. We are all forced to make choices, sometimes difficult ones. You have indicated that being able to have your grandkids is the most important thing among these competing values. As some of the others have pointed out, there will be plenty of times once they're older to discuss those issues and even naked time if the kids want it once they reach the age of majority. How blessed you are to have two special grandchildren. Protect that privilege!

God bless you all.
Jim
Jim1000
Native Resident

Grand Parent teaching Children about Naturism

Postby hikingman » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:09 pm

I want to personelly thank each and every one for your advise ,counseling,and wisdom ,Web master ,Alfie ,Larry K & Jim. As It was pointed out I don't want to lose my visitation rights ,I will make sure they understand naturism is not sin and what God has to say about it .

Knowing the way my church believes and teaching my son with that belief would be hard to break ,Larry I'm glad you understand my church s strong out look on any kind of nudity being sin ,my pastor preaches (folks keep your clothes on) After much prayer and bible study I no longer believe that teaching .I was saved in a southern baptist church now a member of an independant Baptist.
The Kids are natural nudist and enjoy it so much, I have been nude hiking for over 11 years now its a passion with me ,I wanted to take the kids nude hiking the first thing they ask me after there mom drops them of is grand paw can we go naked ,I think I know what I must do now , I just have to figure out the best way to break it to the kids . God bless each and ever one .Ron
hikingman
Permanent Resident

Grand Parent teaching children about nudism

Postby daveofnrr » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Proverbs 19:20 "Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise".

Ron, you were wise to seek wise council and it sure sounds like you received it.

Good luck with your family, Dave.
It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice.
daveofnrr
Permanent Resident

Postby SteveNTL » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:32 am

There are many good thoughts in this thread - I would just like to add one idea for consideration. Much has been said about teaching the children truth about what God thinks - I think they also need to learn how to find the truth of God for themselves, to become critical thinkers and ask questions, of themselves, God, the scriptures, and of those that would "download" truth to them. Like teaching one to fish as opposed to merely handing out fish, I suppose. Good Christian people can be on opposite sides of an issue, both sides thinking they know God's mind. The most persuasive side may not be the side closest to truth, but both sides may be perfectly sincere. Children need to learn to listen to input (as we all do), but there is a time for them to have confidence in an understanding that they reach themselves. If we always believe what has always been believed, there is no hope for us to come closer to Truth than what has been before - the only thing I know to suggest is to somehow model and espouse the basics, but to also be open to the "new" thing that God may bring to you.

KNOW THIS - If Father brings a "new" thing, a "new" understanding, like He did 2000 years ago when He presented His Son to the Jews as their long-waited Messiah, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS IT ! And, we should teach children, and others, how to watch for Father also. Probably, to expect the unexpected.

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:15 am

SteveNTL wrote:KNOW THIS - If Father brings a "new" thing, a "new" understanding, like He did 2000 years ago when He presented His Son to the Jews as their long-waited Messiah, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS IT ! And, we should teach children, and others, how to watch for Father also. Probably, to expect the unexpected.

Steve,

The thing about it is that God did not present a "NEW" thing 2000 years ago. In fact it was a very OLD thing that was promised right after the fall to our very first parents. The problem was that God's promise was so covered over with man-made traditions that only a few recognized it's fulfillment when He stood right in front of them. However, even the reaction of those that rejected Him was a fulfillment of promises made hundreds of years before.

However, I agree with you when you say we should be watching for the Father. Henry Blackabee says we should be looking for where the Father is working, then go there. He is at work around us... even now.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby SteveNTL » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:16 pm

natman wrote:
SteveNTL wrote:KNOW THIS - If Father brings a "new" thing, a "new" understanding, like He did 2000 years ago when He presented His Son to the Jews as their long-waited Messiah, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS IT ! And, we should teach children, and others, how to watch for Father also. Probably, to expect the unexpected.

Steve,

The thing about it is that God did not present a "NEW" thing 2000 years ago. In fact it was a very OLD thing that was promised right after the fall to our very first parents...

Well, I understand that you are speaking from *our* perspective in history, Nathan, some 2000 years down the road from the time of Christ on earth, when you say it was not a "new" idea (I used the quotation marks for a reason, as what is considered *new* depends on ones perspective). Father's Kingdom purposes, however, were very much "new" to the disciples, and others, that were looking for the Messiah, and actually even had a face-to-face relationship with him! How His Kingdom was going to come, and who salvation was for totally blew the doors off of the box they thought they had God in! And, I think we are totally arrogant, and spiritually stupid, if we think we are so much different people than they were - we still want to box and control God, to say with certainty "this is how it will be", "this is how He will work". We so often turn to formulas, devised by seeing how God has worked in the past, like the Hebrews and the serpent on the pole in the wilderness, and determine that He must act that way in the future. Following God is meant to be a life of Faith, of relationship, not of formulas ! Of course, what would seem "new" to us, in our present day, would be obvious to people 1000 years from now, if there were to be such a thing, as they would have a larger understanding and perspective of Father's eternal purposes. So, the trick for us is to stay on board, when there are twists and turns in the road that Father is on - to not be soooo committed to our (old) understanding of Father that we cannot embrace where He actually wants to take us, because it appears "new"...

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:10 am

Well said Steve.

Indeed, all too often we think we know how God will do things--and then He surprises us by doing it differently. We figure something of a truth out, and think that we are so clever, and then will pat ourselves on the back for it--all the while missing a much larger truth..

Even to those of us who know God, He still manages to thrill us, and surprise us. For instance, I know God will answer my prayer--I just don't know quite how He will answer it. 8) and I kinda like it like that--keeps me on my toes :wink:
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby natman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:44 am

I would agree that God does indeed surprise us. At the same time, we should not be surprised because God does not act in a manner that is apart from His prescribed character.

However, my point was that the first century Jews should not have been surprised at all because God gave them very specific instructions as to what to watch for and a very specific timetable for when to watch for them through the OT prophets. Many Jews, including Simeon and Anna (Luke 2:21-38) as well as gentiles, such as the magii recognized that Jesus was the fulfillment of the OT prophesies, the promised Messiah. I think even several Jewish leaders including Joseph of Arimathia, a member of the Sanhedrin who had condemned Jesus to die on the cross, knew exactly who He was. They were not surprised. There was nothing "new" to them. They had studied God's Word and knew exactly what was about to happen.

Since the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem in 70AD, God has specifically left us with an open timetable, presumably so that we will strive to always be prepared for His eminent return... like a thief in the night and in the twinkling of an eye, like a bold of lightning.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby SteveNTL » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:27 am

natman wrote: They were not surprised. There was nothing "new" to them. They had studied God's Word and knew exactly what was about to happen.

I don't think this is really accurate in the big picture, Nathan. It's true that many were looking for the Messiah, and some recognized the signs. They all expected Him to usher in an earthly, physical Kingdom of God, however. Not a spiritual kingdom. Not a Kingdom of God on earth for sometime later down the road (for which we still are looking). They were not planning on the Messiah to be humbled, and put to death. Do you really think there were *any* that expected Jesus to be raised from the dead three days after his death? They were not expecting the plan of salvation to be opened up to the Gentiles, either. I credit a very small percentage of the religious Jews, for following the road Father was laying out, and becoming the early Church - the rest of the religious were too locked in to the way they had always thought things would be to make the transition, and missed it. I think it's really easy to say from our vantage point that they *should* have known...Huh. I guess faith, eyes that see and ears that hear, a heart that seeks, are gifts from God!

The Apostle Paul was a religious scholar, and an incredibly intelligent man. God had to take dramatic action with Saul/Paul for him to recognize the "turn" in the road with respect to His kingdom purposes, to change him from persecuting and killing Christians to proclaiming the good news of redemption. I am not at all saying that God changed - just that we should not be so sure that we have "got it" that we cannot follow in what appears to be a new direction. I think it is pretty like us to be like Peter, who attempted to "correct" Jesus about the way things were going to be. He had a good heart, but limited understanding, and Jesus had to severely rebuke him.

God is a God of mystery. Proverbs says that He delights in concealing things. 1 Corinthians 13:12 (Message) says, "We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us."

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Next

Return to Family issues