My niece

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My niece

Postby robbbie » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:48 pm

I could use some answers and advice. I hope that some of the parents here can chime in as well.

My 6-year-old niece is living with me while her mother (my sister) is out of the country. My sister will be gone until probably next spring. I have all powers of attorney for my niece.

It has been a period of adjustment for both my niece and me these past few weeks. I have to get used to having a kid around 24/7 and she has to get used to me and my place. I've tried to set up rules and bedtimes and the such close to what she is used to.

I think she is getting accustomed to me and the surroundings, because lately she has been asking if she can take her clothes off. She and her mother are more naturist that I am. My sister started a more nudist lifestyle some years back. Because of my background, where nudity wasn't an issue, I am inclined to allow my niece the freedom. However, in the back of my mind, I have doubts. She isn't my kid, and I don't want to do anything wrong.

Any thoughts?
robbbie
Permanent Resident

Re: My niece

Postby jochanaan » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:05 am

Have you asked your sister about this? If she's "more of a naturist" than you are, I don't foresee any difficulty. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Hymie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:02 am

I agree with jochanaan. The final say-so belongs to your sister. It would be good to acquire her preference and then let her tell her daughter what that preference is.
Hymie
Native Resident

Postby robbbie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 pm

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear. I have the OK. It's up to me to make the final decision.
robbbie
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:36 pm

So there you are. :) I'd say if you think she'd be cool with it, go ahead. But I've never dealt with anything similar; my experience as a stepparent ended, through divorce, years before I embraced naturism.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby robbbie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:03 pm

After some thought, reflection, and yes, even some prayer, I decided to let my niece take her clothes off. Right now she is lying on the floor coloring in her coloring book nude. She has been naked for most of the past few days - except when we go out to the park, Target or out to eat. Any way she seems very happy. And the weather is warming up.
robbbie
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:17 am

Excellent choice, sir! :D :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Family issues